DYPAM Forum Home Page  

Good luck - but is the Pavillions secure ? Isn't there a problem about the pitches ?

July 5 2005 at 9:03 PM
R.Smith 

Response to Re: TOM SPEARRITT

I understood from what I've read and heard that the Pavillions say they can't afford to maintain the pitches at the Pavillions. (even though they make a tidy sum through the clubhouse) So after the local council's one off grant runs out next season, who is going to pay for the upkeep if the owners of the Pavillions aren't prepared to do so ? If they kick all footie clubs out, how will they get away with allowing Mond (or Runcorn AFC) to stay ?

As for money, anyone who has seen the Pavillions will know it's more than just the pitches that need maintaining. They have run down changing rooms and the council confirmed they won't invest in a private club, when there are still publicly owned facilities in need of improvement. It would be like Runcorn golf club asking the council to maintain its greens for its private members.

I think if it can be done the Pavillions does offer much though. It has a social club for pre and post match purposes and space for larger events. If the other FA and football events continued there is scope for spotting and developing local talent. The grounds lie within a COMAH designated area so it will never be developed for housing.

That brings me back to a doubt I would have about the motives of the Pavillions owners. They were recently offered a buy out by the council apparently, but turned it down because it wasn't in thier financial interest. If they had accepted all the pitches would have been saved. The fact they weren't interested in that, suggests they don't really care about local sport unless it means money. That is as bad as having the likes of a mark two Doc, if it's an accurate view.
Securing the grounds is easy and even the council couldn't get around a legally binding covenant on the ground for say 99 years. I understand these options were offered but only the local FA, the council and the Pavillions owners could confirm the above.

Another obvious question might be, is the Council going to support two town teams financially in terms of a sponsorship grant ? Has the current club got the council's backing for shirt sponsorship already or not ?

Also, what is List's view on this ?

Respond to this message   
Responses

• Re: Good luck - but is the Pavillions secure ? Isn't there a problem about the pitches ? - Anonymous on Jul 5, 2005, 10:37 PM
  •  
  • Mond - Runcorn on Jul 6, 2005, 8:50 AM
  •  
    Find more forums on SoccerCreate your own forum at Network54
     Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  

SOME OTHER MESSAGE BOARDS :

OTHER RUNCORN FC SITES

RUNCORN F.C ARCHIVE SITE
    Runcorn Linnets FC

"DYPAM!" is supporting football in Runcorn

RUNCORN LINNETS FC

RUNCORN LINNETS FC are a fans formed team, formed after the demise of Runcorn FC Halton and the former Runcorn FC. Runcorn Linnets FC currently play in The North West Counties League, Premier Division.
    Runcorn Linnets play at the Millbank Linnets Stadium at Halton Sports.

RUNCORN TOWN FC

RUNCORN TOWN FC play in The North West Counties League, Premier Division and have many ex Runcorn FC supporters both in their fanbase and through involvement in their clubs committee.
    Runcorn Town play their home games at Pavillions, in Sandy Lane, Weston Point.