DYPAM Forum Home Page  

book

August 15 2005 at 1:05 PM
Chris Darlington 

Response to I'm sure Chris will announce he is donating all surplus income to the new Runcorn Club....

First of all I have never made a penny out of Runcorn Fc in fact I have raised over the last Six months a hundred and thirty five pounds for them.
All this money went to the club it cost me about eighty pounds in printing costs to raise it and hours and hours of hard work and bus fares.
I was doing my best to help a club I care about and have followed since I was seven years old.
I gave them a signed fa cup shirt from the Bristol Rovers game and a Signed Everton programme to sell and a Signed Man city Programme.
Over the years I’ve given them car booty stuff lots to sell lots of times and always buy raffle tickets and put money in the bucket collection.
The reason I want to do the book is to make sure all our memories of canal street are not forgotten and to raise money to help local football stay alive.
I do this because I love football and have had connections with Runcorn Fc since the 1890s when my Granddad played for the then
Runcorn Rugby team who’s history I have written a play about.
I will be gaining nothing from a book about Runcorn Fc except the
pleasure of letting future people remember the great days when I’m Gone and reading peoples memories.
Can I ask what have you done for Runcorn Fc over the last two years???

I have also given Runcorn Fc thousands of pounds of free publicity with the write ups on the love of the game play about our great team of 1939.
The amount of positive publicity the club has received from all my research and hard work is the best they have had for years.
Its a shame so few people from the club turned up at the play about the 1939 team! by the way it was a free show and the actors did it all for free I even set homework in one of our local school we produced the play in, trying to get local children interested in Runcorn Fc and to come to the matches.
The play for the love of the game may even be on at the Brindley in the future as a fund raiser for Runcorn Fc.
I also wrote to the council on several occasions on the clubs behalf about the stadium costs and have stuck up for the club for years.
I ask how can you have the nerve to call somebody who has given so much to Runcorn Fc over the last ten years for nothing.
I still wish you all the best and can only say never look a gift horse in the mouth their are not many people out their who are as kind hearted as I am
or will help the club.
Chris Darlington

Respond to this message   
Find more forums on SoccerCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  

SOME OTHER MESSAGE BOARDS :

OTHER RUNCORN FC SITES

RUNCORN F.C ARCHIVE SITE
Runcorn Linnets FC

"DYPAM!" is supporting football in Runcorn

RUNCORN LINNETS FC

RUNCORN LINNETS FC are a fans formed team, formed after the demise of Runcorn FC Halton and the former Runcorn FC. Runcorn Linnets FC currently play in The North West Counties League, Premier Division.
Runcorn Linnets play at the Millbank Linnets Stadium at Halton Sports.

RUNCORN TOWN FC

RUNCORN TOWN FC play in The North West Counties League, Premier Division and have many ex Runcorn FC supporters both in their fanbase and through involvement in their clubs committee.
Runcorn Town play their home games at Pavillions, in Sandy Lane, Weston Point.