<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>DYPAM Forum Home Page  

Shirt sponsor - Your having a fucking laugh

July 1 2008 at 10:14 PM
Tufty 

Please tell me its Aril 1st and not July 1st?
Sponsored by the Waterloo Hotel? A small town pub who are more familiar with sponsoring a Sunday league team.
Dont tell me that was the best deal the club could come up with?
It doesnt exactly send out a signal of intent to local business, other sponsors or supporters?
Fuck me, its no wonder the club has an image problem.

In a town that brings you O2, Gunniess, Bass, Schreiber, Ineos not to mention a whole host of global blue chip companies, the sponsorship goes to a local pub.

Runcorn Town must be pissing themselves.

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Ian

Re: Shirt sponsor - Your having a fucking laugh

July 1 2008, 10:27 PM 

Its not often I agree with your moaning Tuftnuts but you have hit the nail on the head with this.
Can you see people buying a replica shirt, when it wont look any different than a local Sunday league team shirt?
Its not exactly a message to send out to other teams in the league or to encourag local industry to back a return to the town.

Thought this was a good idea myself.
http://www.runcorntown.co.uk/news2.php?item=171

How much hae the The Waterloo paid? Free chips and bread if the players go back after the game?

Clue in how poor it is - "Supporters Team sponsored by The Masonic"
Conflict of interests?

I wont put my name, as Im scared of you knowing wh

July 1 2008, 10:37 PM 

http://www.halton-forum.co.uk/forum/index.php?s=ab1704721b1ef556f255b79a85d610e5&showtopic=11926&pid=58030&st=0&#entry58030

Next years sponsor?
Fails to mention that the 700 programes are all read by the same 50 people, all aged over 55 and for who'm the word "Rock" equates to something you buy at Blackpool!

anon

anon

July 1 2008, 11:46 PM 

totally agree tufty wot a bunch of wankers put the tote advert on the back with glyns number on aswell, all the companies and we get the wellington lol

the joker

July 2 2008, 11:37 PM 

even dazs supporters team have got sponsorcon which is better than the dog and duck
doubt thats even worth a grand to the linnets as pubs usually sponsor pub teams. we played like a pub team for most of last season so might as well be sponsored by one.
if proof was needed that we havent got whats needed at board level then this is it

surprised rochdale cowboy hasnt been on to say he had microsoft lined up

Tony

July 6 2008, 12:49 PM 

Judging my Glyns post it seems that we actually had to ask the people at the Waterloo for the sponsor!

And companies where not exactly bending over backwards to come to the club with offers

Gave G

Reading some of Glynns posts

July 6 2008, 1:15 PM 

He is becoming more and more like Simon Charlesworth each day and Im actually worried that he is becoming bad news for the club.
The more and more he posts, the more and more that you see he lives in cloud cuckoo land.
If he cant see that having the name of a local pub on the shirt, no matter what the fee given, is bad for the clubs image, then he is more blinkered than I first thought.
Having been forced to approach the Waterloo, shows the lack or companies and sponsors approaching the club, what does that tell you?

On what basis does he think that there are "Companies waiting the return to Runcorn"?
Why is he on the look out for companies such as Selwyns? Not exactly a big name company? Does he know the history of Selwyns and Runcorn FC and the money the old club owed them? Whats happened to the link between Bamber/Anthonys Travel and the club?

What makes him think "The word on the street is that the club is coming home"?
Most people I speak to arent bothered about the club and couldnt care less if it comes back. The people I stood with at Caal Street have moved their lives on, filled the void with something else.

The club is still £200,000 short. Also, dont the club have to pay for the whole of the ground to be built, then claim money back through the funding bodies etc? If so, then the club need to find over £500,000 first and as time pasts, construction costs and material costs rise.
Whats with hsi obsssion for stadium naming rights? Do we honestly want a stdium to have a sponsors name and given Glyns track record, do we want a stadium called "The Union Tavern stadium"?

Before Glyn engages his tongue or his small brain, he needs to step back for a moment and ask if its rally what we need for the image of the club.
He is to eager to please to many people (The excitement of the British Legion offer shows that).

Let me quote "but as we all know, time flys, and before we know it, Runcorn Linnets will be HOME playing with a bit of style in a new ground".
Yes, very good PR speel but what exactly is "Before we know it"? 10 years, 20 years?

Its funy how a large part of the current board are made up of your under achievers, the people who at school were in the bottom sets, the people who have achieved little in both their educational and professional life. Its almost as if having this position on the board gives them some of sense of achievement, but this lack of ability clearly shows.
Its no wonder they feel a fear towards the likes of Rochdale Cowboy who has some achievement under his belt.
They feel frightened by someone who can bring a reasoned argument and debate to th tabel, someone who thinks before they act, assess the risks and the outcomes, rather than diving in with two feet and suffering the conceqences.
Its very worying.

Ever Present

Re: Reading some of Glynns posts

July 6 2008, 2:33 PM 

Seems Glyn is the only person on the board who is actually getting off his arse and doing something about it.
Do you see any of the other board members getting any big sponsorship monies into the club?

Unless you call raising £310 in the street.

The rest of the board need to back him more and have the same urgency about actually getting things done and not just talking.

Ask yourself this...when is the chairman ever in the Weekly News or even posting on the official forum,what is his actual role in the club as you never hear a peep out of him.

Tufty

Lack of Tust involvement

July 6 2008, 4:29 PM 

What I see is a complete lack of Trust member involvement, almost to the point that the members are disregarded and bascially used as a cash cow.

Having looked at the trust model used and utilised by seveal other clubs, it seems that this is not the case at Runcorn Linnets and I cannot see what value or worth the Trust members get for their membership.

Lets look at some examples.

The change of kit is simply bought in, no vote on design and no consultation with the trust members to see if its needed or aproved.

Admission prices, simply increaed without any form of reverendum or trust member cosultation.

The sponsorship on the shirt, cleary a bone of contention amongst so many.
is this the best deal on the table? was a deadline set for finding the best deal or was it simply the case of someone being asked?
The PR for sponsorship has been poor, infact Runcorn Town and Widnes Vikings, not to mention a host of various sporting groups are constantly in the papers selling themselves. I dont recall one article on sponsoring the main shirt or the associated benefits.
Some Trust run clubs dont even have a shirt sponsor, their members vote against it, couping the sponsorship in other ways.
The front of the shirt could have been give away free to a Charity for associated publicity Look at Aston Villa and Barcelona (Barca are a trust run club).

Yes, the previous Blue Kit design was up for voting on the official site, but any Tom, Dick or Alty fan (Already said Dick!!) could vote on that.
That shold have been put to a trust members vote. (Oh and what a farce that turned out to e in the end with Ste "Im in it for myself" Prickchard making a big fuck up to the content of the fans).

It doesnt take mass organisation to organise a Trust meeting allowing members their say on issues and to vote on key issues.
Its meant to be "By the fans for the fans but I continually fail to see how this motto aplies, only it being trotted out when someone wants to take the redit for a fans idea.
Until the board members start to involve the fans and consult the trust mmbers, then people are always going to attack them.
Remember, a board member must be voted in and their position is not guaranteed, so dont hold your voters with such ontent.

Linnet Home and Away

Re: Lack of Tust involvement

July 14 2008, 1:04 PM 

I agree, it doesnt take 5 mins to organise a meeting or have people vote on ideas etc when entering the ground.
FC United vote on every issue, their trust members have a vote on prices and kits etc.

Respond to this message   
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>DYPAM Forum Home Page  
Find more forums on SoccerCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  

SOME OTHER MESSAGE BOARDS :

OTHER RUNCORN FC SITES

RUNCORN F.C ARCHIVE SITE
Runcorn Linnets FC

"DYPAM!" is supporting football in Runcorn

RUNCORN LINNETS FC

RUNCORN LINNETS FC are a fans formed team, formed after the demise of Runcorn FC Halton and the former Runcorn FC. Runcorn Linnets FC currently play in The North West Counties League, Premier Division.
Runcorn Linnets play at the Millbank Linnets Stadium at Halton Sports.

RUNCORN TOWN FC

RUNCORN TOWN FC play in The North West Counties League, Premier Division and have many ex Runcorn FC supporters both in their fanbase and through involvement in their clubs committee.
Runcorn Town play their home games at Pavillions, in Sandy Lane, Weston Point.