<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>DYPAM Forum Home Page  

just like to point something out...

September 7 2010 at 11:38 PM
kendoddsdadsdogsdead 

daz the linnet
Barmy Army Military Police

2677 Posts
Posted - 07 Sep 2010 : 22:40:50
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I thought we was very poor defence was rubbish , that fitsimmons look ok at the back and you could tell we was unift and slow , I think we have been beaten by the best side in the league , great footballing side and quick side too

A NEW BEGINING 2010/11 SEASON

Supporters Team website www.clubwebsite.co.uk/runcornlinnetssupportersfc
NEW MILLS are the best team in NWC they will win the league, they have in fact WON THE LEAGUE Now........5 points clear with a game in hand FACT..... keeps tabs on it.

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Probable board member

Re: just like to point something out...

September 8 2010, 7:24 AM 

knows f##k all , should have been the linnets new manager.

gaz

September 8 2010, 2:01 PM 

went to watch runcorn linnets last night with a couple of the lads havent been since pre season so thought id go and see if there was any improvement, i can honestly say i wont be going back to watch after last night's performance, it was shocking !! ill be happy back at town this saturday watching good football ! good luck with the rest of the season your going to need it , gaz

urkey

September 8 2010, 2:15 PM 

Pmsl @ the above post!

I went last night and if I said it was shite Id be understating things. I commented to someone afterwards that after the last 2 games Macca now knows what needs to be worked on, the response I got was ecaxtly what I wanted to hear "thr players know whats instore for them". This was said by someone who would know what Maccas plans are (no not a board member).
What we have at the moment are a group of players, the majority of which know they are on borrowed time now Wilksey has gone, who are happily collecting there expences whilst they can. You would like to think that players would want to at least show some desire and fight for a place in the new managers plans, but that wasnt the case last night.
Wholesale changes are required, hopefully before the vase game, by my reckoning on last nights display at least 8 and possibly even 9 new players are needed just for the starting line up, more for a squad of 18.

Tufty

September 8 2010, 3:11 PM 

The question begs, why wasnt a new manager brought in during the summer or even with 5 games to go last season?
To get rid after about 3 games was stupid and its now going to impact for the next few games afterwards.
By the time the new manager gets his feet under the table, the season is pretty much wrote off.
The hardest job Macca will now have, is persuading playes to join a team thats at the bottom, rather than challenging at the top.

Probable board member

September 8 2010, 4:50 PM 

agreed tufty.they just shot themsleves in the foot.they timed it all wrong.sacking one manager who brought in the players he wanted leads to a new manager coming in and those players not wanted.player unrest players not giving a fuck picking up their expenses as urkey says been on borrowed time and taking money out of the club.cup game also coming up in a run of really hard fixtures doesnt help it just adds to the hard times linnets are going through.paul macnally is on a loser for his first 3/4 games easy he has to work out what needs fixing strenghening deadwood needs to go who needs to stay and so on.linnets could end up at bottom of the table easilly while this is going on.so it does sort of come back to tuftys original question why wasnt it done before the season began ?the board have took a decision to not do it and it comes back and bit them very very hard on the arses and now the team is suffering for it and badly.

a fan

September 8 2010, 10:24 PM 

if you got local lads in then the hunger would be there with or without money many players in runcorn would love to be given a chance and never have.

Probable board member

September 9 2010, 9:38 AM 

ok...good football. i think you are forgetting the quality of the opposition town play. am not taking anything away from town but there is some shite in the that league.

Probable board member

September 9 2010, 12:37 PM 

Expectations - unrealistic
You have got what most people have - a ground
You may have a few more speccies - for now

A second choice manager - who will not be able to bring people in on the paltry sums offered, we all know that players in this league play for money and nothin else

Spectators who will sooner or later blame this manager and force him out just like the last one because you all believe you are something you aint.

Probable board member

September 9 2010, 2:00 PM 

The budget this season has been increased and is one of the best in the league. Wilkes was given an increased budget and on the back of that he made several promises which he never fulfilled, hence his sacking.
The buget has since been increased for McNally based on the current increased gate and this will continue to be reviewed.
Good team = more fans and gates being maintained.
The board want promotion and realise that they should not be at this level, the promotion to the NWCL by Runcorn Town has highlighted Linnets poor position and the board want to address that.

Probable board member

September 9 2010, 2:39 PM 

how do you know the budget was increased and has now been increased further?

Unless you are a member of the so called board? Surely your'e participation in these forums compromises your position?

you cant blame fans asking questions not all of us share the same disrespect of Wilkes that seems to have occurred here

Michael G

September 9 2010, 4:13 PM 

Well as usual the posts on here are entertaining to say the least. Totally unfactual and misguided but entertaining. I thought I must however again stick up for one of the true gents in the game of football and put some of you guys right on the facts. Steve was given two targets this season by the Board
a) To finish in the top six
b) Not to get promoted as the club state that they cannot afford to get promoted this season.

This info my friends has come staright from the horses mouth. Now i can hear the shouts and protestations already but Steve has held a dignified silence about this as the true professional his is but I could not stand by and listen to the clap trap that is written on this forum. Maybe you should ask your board and maybe you will not like the answers that is given.

urkey

September 9 2010, 5:29 PM 

A few things in response to whats been said:

"a) To finish in the top six b) Not to get promoted as the club state that they cannot afford to get promoted this season."

Say what you want about the board members, and Im sure there will be the usuall bullshit responses to this by the nameless few, all the members of the board are Runcorn fans who follow the team week in week out, can anyone seriously see Derek telling any the manager, with the blessing of the board (rosie, bucko) dont get us promoted? I cant.
The club always apply for promotion each season, and dont make a song and dance about it, so its not done for show.
As an ex board member who worked closely with Caz and Wilksey it was never put to either manager (during my time ob the board) not to get promoted while we were playing at Wincham Park, so why would it be suggested during our first season playing back in Runcorn, in front of bigger gates, with the potential of pulling in at least 500+ most home games.
Any new manager comming in would be made aware of any targets and any manager who was ambitious would not accept such a target.

ste b

September 9 2010, 5:43 PM 

michael g now even i and i dont like or rate certain board members find it impossible and unbelievable to suggest that steve wilkes was told not to get promoted by the board as a target especially in the clubs first season on runcorn soil.sucess will bring in crowds no matter what ways you get that sucess and thats been proven in the gates.point proved.so going for promotion and having a sucessfull home record and playing decent footy would have attracted a fair few spectators in through the turnstiles so budget could have been improved not doubting that for one minute, but to tell the manager to not get promoted is just not believable fella.sorry im not buying that even me who has big issues with certain board members wont believe that.then again stranger things have happened.as urkey says any manager who comes in and takes over and is told by his board that they dont want to get promoted would probably turn round and walk.paul mcnally as it is has got a hell of a job on already.i wish him well.believe it or not i dont actually hate the team or the manager i never did under steve wilkes and as i said in here i talked with wilkes and i hold in high regard.he was a good bloke steve wilkes.i hope the team do get out of the crap they are in.

x player

September 9 2010, 6:55 PM 

you men dont have a clue what went on with wilkes, i could tell you things that went on and you wouldnt believe me either , like wilkes i have chosen a dignified silence as have most x players, the present team arnt playin for money you prat how much do you think there on by the time you go to away matches, and training plus leaving work early for night matches your out of pocket,get a grip and get over yourselves corn are nothing more than ten bob millionaires and come the day when you turn on macca i will be here reminding you all .I read on the forum that the last two defeats dont go on maccas record because he wasnt really in charge ,so whos record does it go on then,and when is he in charge,when he gets his first win,i have never heard as much bollox.

Probable board member

September 9 2010, 8:32 PM 

Very good Cunny

urkey

September 9 2010, 9:30 PM 

"the present team arnt playin for money you prat how much do you think there on by the time you go to away matches, and training plus leaving work early for night matches your out of pocket"
In a league where it is the norm that players, barring the most loyal, will happily switch clubs for an extra fiver, I doubt that statement very much.
As I have said on the official forum, had some of the ex players who have come out defending Wilksey as strongly as they are at the moment on forums, put half that amount of effort in on the pitch, than maybe he wouldnt be out of a job now, at the end of the day it was the players who took the field happy to go through the motions, who cost Wilksey his job, there are only a handfull who would always give there all no matter how they were playing.

x player

September 9 2010, 10:03 PM 

as i have read many times on the forum we as players being slagged off for not being good enough, we did give our all for wilksy while he was in charge everyone of us,sometimes your best just isnt good enough, and as for the fiver extra if it makes you feel better to think that you lost good players who were more interested in a few quid than playing for the club, well then you no nothing, players didnt leave because wilksy was sacked you muppets it was what followed his sacking on the same night the way the club operated ,all i will say is people who listen on other peoples conversations ,will only hear ill of themselves .

urkey

September 10 2010, 7:49 AM 

Not all players gave there all for Wilksey, FACT, i would rather see a player who ability wise was limited but would always give 100% than a player who was great yet only put the effort in when it suited, unfortunately for Wilksey we had to many who fell into the latter catagory.
As for the fiver statement well that was somthing Wilksey told us all who were present at a meet the manager session after a game at Witton.

Deano

September 10 2010, 8:16 AM 

The above X player was not Cunny at all, first of all the lad is away at the moment so will not be on Dypam abroad on holiday. Secondly he does not know McNally so would not refer to him as Macca, thirdly he was not there the night of Wilksy leaving so would have no idea regarding what comments were made etc and why players chose to leave, plus he would never refer to Wilksy as Wilkes. Lastly he would not insult the supporters as they contain some top blokes in the likes Urky, Spenny, Bucko etc etc ( The true supporters)

I was not going to add any comments as I like my old man and our kid want to see Runcorn do well and dont want our kid to be tarished with

< Previous Page 1 2 Next >
  Respond to this message   
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>DYPAM Forum Home Page  
Find more forums on SoccerCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  

SOME OTHER MESSAGE BOARDS :

OTHER RUNCORN FC SITES

RUNCORN F.C ARCHIVE SITE
Runcorn Linnets FC

"DYPAM!" is supporting football in Runcorn

RUNCORN LINNETS FC

RUNCORN LINNETS FC are a fans formed team, formed after the demise of Runcorn FC Halton and the former Runcorn FC. Runcorn Linnets FC currently play in The North West Counties League, Premier Division.
Runcorn Linnets play at the Millbank Linnets Stadium at Halton Sports.

RUNCORN TOWN FC

RUNCORN TOWN FC play in The North West Counties League, Premier Division and have many ex Runcorn FC supporters both in their fanbase and through involvement in their clubs committee.
Runcorn Town play their home games at Pavillions, in Sandy Lane, Weston Point.