<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>DYPAM Forum Home Page  

weekly news

September 28 2010 at 10:47 AM
urkey 

Towns away shirt sponsor (wash 4 u) was raided by immergration officers who found a number of illegal immigrants working there, the owner of the firm could be fined upto £10,000 for each person who was illegaly employed.

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Probable board member

Re: weekly news

September 28 2010, 10:56 AM 

OH DEAR HA HA HA

david dutton

September 28 2010, 12:25 PM 

oh dear unfortunate, but this problem appears to be happening across the country. it is not a viable proposition to check a club's sponsors, the club is usually just grateful that a company will invest in them

Probable board member

September 28 2010, 12:48 PM 

Strange, I dont recall a thread on Linnets short sponsors when they got a massive fine for illegal burning of waste and pollution.

urkey

September 28 2010, 3:07 PM 

Linnets short sponsors when they got a massive fine for illegal burning of waste and pollution. of waste and pollution.

Genuine question..when did this happen? I cant find anything on the net about it, they were fined when a worker had there leg crushed there.

ste b

September 28 2010, 5:30 PM 

does this really matter ? is it been said to draw attention of the real issue and real deals ?like david clubs are happy and greatfull for sponsors and their money to tie them into the club.its a growing fast trend in england.do it on the cheap with results you can gain from paying english workers more money for.so what.it happens.you move on.lets move on.next.

urkey

September 28 2010, 9:42 PM 

Ste its been said because it is an issue relating to Town and this is a Town website, is it not?

ste b

September 28 2010, 9:46 PM 

no john it isnt as you know it aint.

runnerglyn

September 28 2010, 10:18 PM 

As you will all be very aware the hardest part of getting people involved in your club is convincing them there is something in the deal for both parties, i approached the car wash company the same as everywhere else pre season, giving these reasons and hoping to get them and others involved in the football club.

Runcorn Town FC have provided everything we promised to them as part of the deal, and will continue to do so, as the deal is for this season and the 2011/12 season, we cannot go prying into peoples business practices when we go to speak to them about there potential involvement in the football club, what has happened, sadly has happened, they are a sponsor and connected to the club in this capacity only, but the football club is totally in the clear regarding the way we have carried out our working practices with them.

Runcorn Town FC prides itself on looking after all its sponsors, and the feedback we are getting is very positve from the sponsors attending games at Pavilions on matchdays, long may that continue...

Probable board member

September 28 2010, 11:10 PM 

so in other words if gary glitter came to you with a wad of cash you would happily take it from him..tut tut tut

urkey

September 29 2010, 8:17 AM 

As I said, when others on here were belittleing this particular shirt sponsor, I completely echo what David Dutton has said. What I do find quite amusing is the fuss what was kicked of on here when the Waterloo was named as Linnets sponsors, and the posts what WOULD have been made on here had this been one of the Linnets sponsors.

Tufty

September 29 2010, 11:41 AM 

Urkey, to be honest you cant compare the Linnets deal with Waterloo to that of Towns Wash 4 You sponsorship.
Runcorn Town offered theirs as part of a competition via a 100 club.
Anyone could have won that and I assume that wash 4 You paid up front to enter?
Having the Waterloo as the main sponsor on the Linnets shirts wasnt exactly encouraging given the number of bigger name firms out there, the same as the silly deal for Warrington Trophy World (Especially given the mid season timing of that, would have been better to give the space for free to Halton Haven and benefited from the publicity). Millbank is a step in the right direction.
As Glyn said, you cant delve into the Business practices of every organisation, even the top level clubs ont go that far.
Given the current financial state of the country, then any deals should be applauded. It would be nice of both clubs had wall to wall perimetre boards around the ground as Canal Street once did. Not only a showcase for the clubs to say what they have achieved, but also for local firms to become involved in the clubs.
The surrounding area has soe very big name firms in it, its just a pity they dont want to know the snaller clubs.

Probable board member

September 29 2010, 11:56 AM 

Tufty if that had been the Linnets then you would have been all over it saying it was typical of the linnets. I think Urky is correct in his opinion that he is not aiming his posts at Town but the people had it been Linnets would have slagged off to the hill.

It was the same with the points deduction (Which was an honest mistake)had it been the Linnets then this site would have had a field day.

urkey

September 29 2010, 12:42 PM 

Tufty, Im afraid you can compare like for like as both firms are/were shirt sponsors, anyone could have come forward to sponsor the Linnets shirt yet it was the Waterloo that did so, a local business, which got slated because it was a pub!

"Given the current financial state of the country, then any deals should be applauded."
I fully agree with you on that one, yet the same arguement wasnt good enough on here when the waterloo or warrington trophy world were named as sponsors, why? (because there are people on here who shit stir and try to belittle everything the Linnets do)
Giving the shirt sponsorship away to a local charity would have been a nice gesture, unfortunately nice gestures dont, and wont ever, pay the bills.

runnerglyn

September 29 2010, 12:50 PM 

The car wash company had paid in full for its 100 club membership.

Tufty

September 29 2010, 1:54 PM 

Urkey "Giving away shirt sponsors wont pay the bills"
Thats the typical Linnets mentality, looking at the short picture rather than the wider picture. Someting which was part of the downfall of the old club.
Giving away a shirt sponsor (As other clubs have done, even Barcelona and Aston Villa), gets you publicity and builds bridges with the community.
Given the right PR (Something Steve Pritchard is sadly shite at), then various articles would have covered this in both local press and national football magazines, even local TV.
That in turn attracts interest in the club, both through fans and sponsors alike. Who knows, even increasing revenue over and above what a potential shirt deal is worth.

As the trophy world deal was a late season deal, basically in return for some free trophies for the end of season awards, it wasnt exactly big money being lost out on.

urkey

September 29 2010, 2:34 PM 

Going slightly of the original topic now but Lol! Tufty you mention Aston Villa and Barcelona, somehow I dont think they would loose any sleep about giving shirt sponsorship away for a seaon or two, lets face it had the Linnets given the sponsorship to age concern halton (for example) the coverage the club would have got from the local press would have been exactly the same coverage given to millbank, and local tv wouldnt have given a shit either.
You surely cant compare runcorn linnets with Barcelona or Villa, because The Linnets are much bigger! wink.gif

Tufty

September 29 2010, 7:11 PM 

I dont think Barca or Villa place the value of their shirt sponsorship as the value of two Trophies from tropy world!

bill

September 29 2010, 7:28 PM 

I HAVE NOW USED 'WASH 4 U' SINCE THEY ARE SUPPORTING A LOCAL CLUB.
THE QUALITY OF THIS CAR WASH IS SUPERB WELL WORTH A FIVER.
I URGE ALL OF YOU TO SUPPORT THIS LOCAL ENTERPRISE.
BEST OF LUCK TO TOWN ON FRIDAY NIGHT.
ANY ROOM ON THE COACH ?

urkey

September 29 2010, 7:59 PM 

LOL! OK "BILL"!
Personaly I will be using a local firm, which doesnt illegally exploit and employ foriegn citizens, illegally, but employs local men and women who pay taxes back into the system. Your choice though, I suppose.

< Previous Page 1 2 Next >
  Respond to this message   
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>DYPAM Forum Home Page  
Find more forums on SoccerCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  

SOME OTHER MESSAGE BOARDS :

OTHER RUNCORN FC SITES

RUNCORN F.C ARCHIVE SITE
Runcorn Linnets FC

"DYPAM!" is supporting football in Runcorn

RUNCORN LINNETS FC

RUNCORN LINNETS FC are a fans formed team, formed after the demise of Runcorn FC Halton and the former Runcorn FC. Runcorn Linnets FC currently play in The North West Counties League, Premier Division.
Runcorn Linnets play at the Millbank Linnets Stadium at Halton Sports.

RUNCORN TOWN FC

RUNCORN TOWN FC play in The North West Counties League, Premier Division and have many ex Runcorn FC supporters both in their fanbase and through involvement in their clubs committee.
Runcorn Town play their home games at Pavillions, in Sandy Lane, Weston Point.