<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>DYPAM Forum Home Page  

more good news for Runcorn Town

October 7 2010 at 2:39 PM
Probable board member 

DIVISION ONE - MARVIN MOLYNEUX OF RUNCORN TOWN

Marvin has had an excellent month for Runcorn Town and his form in September saw him rewarded with man-of-the-match nomination by the opposition in each of Town's last three matches.

His month started with a dominating second half performance at Irlam, as Runcorn came from behind to grab a draw at Silver Street. The following Saturday saw him once again in the thick of the action, as he created numerous chances for team-mates which they were unable to convert in a 3-2 home defeat to Holker Old Boys.

The middle of the month saw Marvin play a key role in Town's first ever FA Vase game as they recorded a "giant killing" act over Northern Counties East League Premier Division side Parkgate. Marvin's non-stop running, vision and awareness meant Town won the vital midfield battle, and he also was inches away from scoring with a blistering free kick that was tipped over the bar.

In the final game of the month at home to Rochdale last Saturday, Marvin single handedly put Town in the driving seat with two stunning strikes from distance that moved him to a total of five goals for the season. He went on to once again to dominate the match, including setting up another of Town's goals, and picked up his fifth MoM of the season from Town's eight games played.

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
fozzie

even the weekly news is backing Town nowadays

October 7 2010, 3:20 PM 

Football: Runcorn Town are up for the cups

Oct 7 2010 by Daniel Mckenzie, Runcorn and Widnes Weekly News

RUNCORN TOWN are in confident mood before their second cup clash in a week, following a heroic victory against Atherton LR last Friday.

Town face a trip to fellow promotion chasers AFC Liverpool in the first round of the Vodkat League Cup on Saturday (3pm) and, with a fully fit squad, Town boss Simon Burton believes his side are capable of progressing to the next round.

He said: We are full of confidence, the lads have been playing really good football all season.

Cup football throws up a different proposition to the league, but with two wins from two so far this season, the lads seem to be thriving on it.

AFC Liverpool are a decent side, they are strong at the back and we know it is going to be a tough game, but we are confident we have got enough in the locker to get a result.

Following their victory against Atherton in the last round of the FA Vase, Town face a trip to Bradford to play Northern Counties East Division One side Eccleshill United.

It will be Towns third consecutive away game in the competition, but Burton is adamant his side will not be phased by playing away from home.

He said: It makes no difference to us if we play home or away. We have a strong mental attitude and I am confident that the players will go out and do their job regardless of who or where they play.

Following the draw, Burton went to watch Eccleshill beat Brighouse 2-1, in their second round replay on Tuesday.

They are playing at the equivalent level to us, they are a big, strong side but I didnt see anything that would make me think we cant go there and get a result.

Emini Adegbenro and Jason Carey have been in fine goal scoring form this season and if they keep playing to that level, there is no reason that we cant go far on both cup competitions.

The third-round tie will be played on Saturday, November 13.

Runcorn Linnets week went from bad to worse with defeat to bottom-of- the-table Ashton Athletic on Tuesday.

The 2-0 home setback follows the clubs FA Vase exit at lower-division AFC Emley on Saturday and boss Paul McNally will be hoping his side can bounce back next week.

ste b

Re: even the weekly news is backing Town nowadays

October 7 2010, 5:52 PM 

about time a fair crack of the whip for town.they getting decent coverage that their play deserves.well done.

bill

Re: more good news for Runcorn Town

October 7 2010, 6:11 PM 

I agree with the comments made BUT
I think Town might be envy of Linnets for their supporters.
It will be interesting re: the number at Town's next home game.
I feel they deserve bigger gates.
What was the clubs expectation for the Vodkat league?

ste b

October 8 2010, 12:11 AM 

i think bill originally from my own gueswork cause martin has never said this to me but i think he thought originally before the season begun that town would take a top 6 finish in the league they are in now but the way they are playing and way they are beating sides this season and confidence been so high,i can only now guess that they fancy the tittle.martin wont say that though unless you ask him but he hasnt said it to me then again i havent asked him.he just might do now the form town are in and showing.town definatly got a feel good factor.i like you though hope that their gates improve as well.they should.town deserve more through the gate than they getting.word is getting round slowly about just how good they are and that there is one team in runcorn who are playing attractive and more to the winning and sucessfull football.

runnerglyn

Moving forward

October 8 2010, 9:23 AM 

To answer Bill's point on crowds, Town is very much a "work in progress" at the moment, everyone in the local area and beyond is very welcome to attend games at Pavilions be it the 1st team or reserves, it has been nice to meet people who "groundhop" and they have been impressed with the facilities we have and also have enjoyed the games, we haven't pulled in big numbers crowdwise but the numbers i'm sure will improve as we can get the clubs name out there a tad more and the results on the pitch continue in the same vein that they are at present,the committee are very much "walk before you can run" and at present are "running" quite well with both senior teams performing well in there respective leagues, but as with everything at this level we operate at you cannot sit still, and must be always trying to implement new things where and whenever you can, even the step up from the Vodkat Div 1 and should Town reach the Premier League then again things will need re-addressing its all about a being able to keep your head about water and being able to compete, but i'm pretty hopeful if things continue the way they are at present we should see an increase in numbers watching games, not a dramatic rise but a rise nonetheless

Probable board member

October 8 2010, 11:02 AM 

It is worth noting that Towns gates are the highest in the league, not bad for a club new to this level and new to charging admission.
Unlike Linnets, Town do not try to trade off the name and steal the past History of Runcorn FC.

Probable board member

October 8 2010, 12:41 PM 

Well if thats the case, why arn't town stiil called Mond rangers???

Probable board member

Simples

October 8 2010, 3:03 PM 

Ahead of the 2005/06 season, the club changed their name to Runcorn Town in order to try and bring a more professional look to the club in general, and hopefully increase support from both businesses and individuals in the local community. A decision was also made to try and improve facilities at the club with a view to joining the North West Counties League.

Mission Accomplished.

Probable board member

October 8 2010, 7:48 PM 

Mond Rangers and Gen Chems were derived from 2 of the Chemical works at ICI. General Chemicals (Gen Chems) and Mond (Brunner Mond)Rangers.
Given that these firms dont have a presence in Runcorn or on the ICI/INEOS plant, its probably in the clubs interests to re brand.
Given Runcorn is a Town and at the time, the town of Runcorn had no senior football team, it was in the interests to use the name Runcorn Town.

I notice that Runcorn FC now play in the power league 5-a-side weekly tournament, as results in this weeks paper shows. Will they be taking on the Docs debt?

ray

October 8 2010, 11:05 PM 

it is a requisite of the fa that the club name relates to the area they are from.
suppose runcorn should have changed their name to Widnes really to comply.
i think that may have been the main reason for the name change

Probable board member

October 8 2010, 11:39 PM 

they did change there name to fc halton at the time of leaving canal st under the doc but imagine the name witton linnets would hardly have enticed the council to hand over the vast sums of monies they did to move back to runcorn maybe the council should return the favours now to clubs in the area such as runcorn town

Tufty

October 9 2010, 12:26 PM 

It is not a requisite of the FA to have a name of a place reflected in a team name.
Port Vale is not a place.
Arsenal is not a place.

ray

October 9 2010, 10:33 PM 

Well said Tufty you are correct again.
I should have stated, it is NOW a rule.
but you are right again even on this statement.
the fa do tend to ignore their rules when it suits them.

runnerglyn

Worthy winners.

October 10 2010, 8:00 AM 

Well Done to Town yesterday a workmanlike performance against a team who in the second half tried to kick them off the park, but the hardwork and the winning mentality was shining through again, the effort from the squad was very good again, despite a few changes to the starting line up with a few of the "big players" rested for a second half run out the team were well worth there win, McShane got the goals, but the overall work ethic from the players is really impressive they are all working for each other and finding the right blend each game, a special mention for Danny Salt, Town's assistant manager, who played the full 90 mins yeaterday marshalling the defence very well, a bit of experience always helps, so another win and the feel-good factor remains in place as we appraoch next weeks game at home to Cheadle.

Respond to this message   
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>DYPAM Forum Home Page  
Find more forums on SoccerCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  

SOME OTHER MESSAGE BOARDS :

OTHER RUNCORN FC SITES

RUNCORN F.C ARCHIVE SITE
Runcorn Linnets FC

"DYPAM!" is supporting football in Runcorn

RUNCORN LINNETS FC

RUNCORN LINNETS FC are a fans formed team, formed after the demise of Runcorn FC Halton and the former Runcorn FC. Runcorn Linnets FC currently play in The North West Counties League, Premier Division.
Runcorn Linnets play at the Millbank Linnets Stadium at Halton Sports.

RUNCORN TOWN FC

RUNCORN TOWN FC play in The North West Counties League, Premier Division and have many ex Runcorn FC supporters both in their fanbase and through involvement in their clubs committee.
Runcorn Town play their home games at Pavillions, in Sandy Lane, Weston Point.