<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>DYPAM Forum Home Page  

Runcorn win 5-1

April 17 2012 at 10:37 PM
Probable board member 

Runcorn now 1 point behind Ramsbottom, with a better goal difference.
Both clubs have 2 games left to play.
Will Ramsbottom bottle it?
Will Runcorn fail to win those remaining games?

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
ste b

Re: Runcorn win 5-1

April 17 2012, 10:55 PM 

in answer to your questions one town will not fail to win any of their remaining two games.ramsbottom bottling it ? maybe ashton just might knick a draw of them or winsford might take something of them.its gonna go to final game of the season this one.
ps ashtons so called reserves did not repeat did not lie down and let us tickle them tonight.as all of us know who know steve wilkes and steve cunny they would never ever lie down and let a team walk all over them not their style.credit and fair play to ashton they played their football and carried on playing it to the final whistle even though they got beat.they a work in progress under steve wilkes and steve cunny.they dont look half bad.

KarlLFC

April 17 2012, 11:24 PM 

Knew they wouldn't lie down it was a ridiculous statement, town are a goal scoring machine under the system they play, all the banter/bitching, whatever you call it on here aside, you can't fault towns form, specially the last 3rd of the season where it was only our win against them when they've lost, that's some run all wins apart from last week, plus 62 goals against our plus 10 I think, that's the difference

Probable board member

April 18 2012, 12:03 AM 

Hope they do it - but odds are stacked massively against RT - think they have the tougher of the two games by far. Rammy v Winsford and Town v Blackpool at home are comparable. But Rammy away v Ashton (Sat) against Town away at Barny (midweek) is no comparison I think.

Like I say, hope Im wrong - but suspect you'd get long odds on Town toppling Ramms.

Hopefully there is a chance with the second team going up with the Vics/Woodley situation still

Onslo

April 18 2012, 7:04 AM 

I find it hilarious how you all keep going on about Mongs form. To be fair it's a great run you're on but you keep winning all these games (1 defeat since January)? Yet youre still second which says one thing, Rammys form is better than yours! How can you think Roll over Athletic will get something against them but you have hammered them? I love the optimism of a couple of you but the realists on here only have to compare the two fixtures of both teams, I know which two games I think are easier and it ain't yours!

ste b

April 18 2012, 8:11 AM 

but dont you think crazier things have happened this season for instance who would have said afc liverpool would have beaten ramsbottom but they did who would have said norton got there in the league cup and beat them but they did.sure i agree our run is tougher than theirs but barnoldswick on current form have gone completely and town will win their last home match of the season against blackpool.that wont be a walkover either as there is a rivalry with them and us but stranger things have happened.ashton played well last night.i have to believe they can do something for us this weekend.if they cant this weekend then i have to believe winsford can get something from ramsbottom on the last weekend of the season. as for form been on that twelve match unbeaten run was superb and we actually went top 3 times whilst on that run and had better goal difference than ramsbottom by +6 at one stage so that tells you that we were infact better than them at stages.whilst on that run we went to their place and did them 1-2.that i think is infact their last defeat apart from norton in the cup.so i wont give it up.i think its amazing that im here talking about a tittle for town in their first season at this level.why is it linnets are so fixiated on town ? you having your best ever season in terms of results and points and league placings in north west counties yet you all going on about denying town the tittle by beating us on easter monday.doesnt that take away credit from your side as a whole and what paul macnally has achieved this season ?

Probable board member

April 18 2012, 10:49 AM 

Onslo that is a ridiculous bitter comment, i would love Linnets to go up but for us to continually knock towns style of play is a joke.

They have a far less budget, far less income, far less help, and have achieved a league position we would give our right arm for.

Fair play to Burton and I must say I was massively dissapointed with Fallons comments after we beat them. The team have delivered above beyond anyones expectations, christ Rammy draw one of their last two and town win then its town for the title.

Never before has the prem gone down to the wire, **** pitch, developing facilities, weston Village, call it what you will but one thing has to be said they have had a truly magnificent season and I would be happy to applaud them as champions or runners up. For the benefit of linnets it would be great to keep the derby but are we that jealous? No we have a had a tremedndous season under Macca, he has steadied the ship and stopped that revolving door of players and give us a platform to challenge next year.......

Great seasons for both shame too many clowns dont realise that.

FALLON

April 18 2012, 11:27 AM 

I must say I was massively dissapointed with Fallons comments after we beat them

Care to elaborate on these comments. As far as I am aware I didn't make any comments except to say Linnets deserved it, showed more heart, more determination and overall wanted it more?!?

Barry

April 18 2012, 11:32 AM 

Absolutely. Not withstanding what I say in match reports which is after all 'creative writing' for a particular audience and frequently "tounge in cheek", it would be great to see Runcorn Derbies a division up.

Probable board member

April 18 2012, 11:41 AM 

"showed more heart, more determination and overall wanted it more. To say I am disappointed in our lads performance is an understatement"

I just think when you have a group of lads acheieve what they have, they know themselves when things have not gone to plan, i dont think it needs the clubs senior figure head in the town to highlight it. Teams will drop points and I would have preffered to see a bit of backing whilst admitting Linnets were the better side on the day.

FALLON

April 18 2012, 11:55 AM 

But I was disappointed in our lads performance? I back them all the time but there was nothing positive to come out of the derby game, and sugarcoating a poor performance would have done them no good whatsoever.

Probable board member

April 18 2012, 12:08 PM 

in the same way i was dissapointed with your comment, you dont have to sugar cooat a loss but you also dont need to express it publicly. The lads wouldnt appreciate it given the season they have put in.

FALLON

April 18 2012, 12:11 PM 

OK point taken.

Probable board member

April 18 2012, 12:20 PM 

If you look at Towns results this season, its the 2 draws with Bootle that have impacted.
A win and a loss would have yielded 3 points, compared to the 2 gained from both draws.

Probable board member

April 18 2012, 12:24 PM 

Fallon to add i was only dissapointed because of how well you present yourself and club on these boards, probably seemed a little more negative than i intended.

Barry

April 18 2012, 3:16 PM 

Despite what Martin said give the Town lads some credit. They will know they didn't play well and understand when the supporters are disappointed. They were gutted themselves. What a response from them though? They win the next two games scoring 11 goals. As Martin said they have set such incredibly high standards in the past 3 years that we've come to expect the best match after match. It's a nice feeling walking into Pavillions knowing you have a fighting chance of seeing your team score 4, 5 or 6!

Town have a SPECIAL group of players with a belting managerial combo and a top backroom team. Linnets have the possibility to be in that place IF they keep the team together. They are starting from a higher base (money, ground, crowd) and in the fullness of time should leave Town behind for that very reason. Will that happen? Who knows...but one things is an absolute certainty...2011 will see BOTH RUNCORN teams finish in the highest position in their histories in the non-league pyramid. REJOICE.

a fella

April 18 2012, 6:25 PM 

shouldn't that read 2012 Bazza?

Barry

April 18 2012, 8:08 PM 

Correct but you get the point happy.gif

2nd fella

April 18 2012, 10:26 PM 

every player in that squad who got well and truely beat by linnets know that the performance wasnt good enough and as for martin saying what was probably said in the dressing room so what i bet burty and salty(management of the year)said the same but with far more swear words but as great teams go they learn and win next games not like linetts who lose theres. a big thanks go out to the linnets who beat barno made sure town finished 2nd the highest any team from runcorn have finished unless history is invovled but we wont go there. martin keep telling the truth

plato

April 18 2012, 10:31 PM 

martin , has as much right as anyone to express his views , wether they be a player , supporter , mgnmnt , passer by or what ever on this site . what i would say though is expectations breeds resentment , so be careful what you wish / hope / expect

3rd fella with a geriatric gorilla

April 19 2012, 5:45 PM 

Although i totally agree with what he said, can everyone please ignore 2nd fella's comments. He is an IMPOSTER!!! The real 2nd fella is very annoyed that his name has been used. As a compromise, the 2nd fella who posted here a couple of threads above, why dont you use another name like maybe 4th fella , 5th fella or even going crazy and being 6th fella

Probable board member

April 21 2012, 12:57 AM 

lkrngflergnewlngljqp3erkmdqcm

3rd fella with a molestibg mouse

April 21 2012, 9:39 PM 

yeh totally agree with you, the house of commons is out of touch with the common man but this is a runcorn football forum. Put your teeth in and try again

Current Topic - Runcorn win 5-1  Respond to this message   
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>DYPAM Forum Home Page  
Find more forums on SoccerCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  

SOME OTHER MESSAGE BOARDS :

OTHER RUNCORN FC SITES

RUNCORN F.C ARCHIVE SITE
Runcorn Linnets FC

"DYPAM!" is supporting football in Runcorn

RUNCORN LINNETS FC

RUNCORN LINNETS FC are a fans formed team, formed after the demise of Runcorn FC Halton and the former Runcorn FC. Runcorn Linnets FC currently play in The North West Counties League, Premier Division.
Runcorn Linnets play at the Millbank Linnets Stadium at Halton Sports.

RUNCORN TOWN FC

RUNCORN TOWN FC play in The North West Counties League, Premier Division and have many ex Runcorn FC supporters both in their fanbase and through involvement in their clubs committee.
Runcorn Town play their home games at Pavillions, in Sandy Lane, Weston Point.