Nice to know...Bret

by Dorsey H.

Hi Bret,

I'm delighted to know that your Grandpa's old timex is still ticking and giving you good service. If you ever have any trouble with it just let me know and I'll tinker with it again.

I wear a Wenger Swiss Quartz Day & Date function stainless steel military watch with moveable elapsed-time bezel ring and glow-in-the-dark hands and numbers. My wife gave it to me when we were travelling in Europe a couple of years ago. It's not fancy but extremely rugged and incredibly accurate. I check it against the U.S. Time website and it's within 2 seconds a month in accuracy.

I handle dozens of vintage Timex watches each month doing repairs/restorations. I absolutely love those old tickers. It's like time travel for me handling the watches of my youth. I keep telling myself I need to keep some of the best ones for myself but never get around to doing it. I seem to sell them as fast as I can get them repaired. I have one that I've deliberatey not repaired so I can slowly restore it for my own use. It's a 1970's Timex men's Electric/Mechanical with Chrome bezel and deep blue dial, date function, with an original Timex signed clasp stainless steel bracelet. Piece by piece I'm replacing all of the original parts with new/old stock vintage parts so that I'll eventually have a NEW 1970's watch.

Dorsey H.

Posted on Feb 11, 2004, 3:02 AM

Respond to this message

Return to Index

Find more forums on WatchesCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  
Vintage Timex Watch Forum