Re: Glad to hear...

by Scott

I've ordered some europium based glow powder-in blue and green- from United Nuclear,but it hasn't got here yet. Supposedly, it glows 12 hours or so. I have, of all things, a Sponge Bob clock whose hands glow all night quite brightly,just charged from the room lighting...nowhere on the package or clock is this mentioned. Bright enough to look like electroluminescent.
I'm going to guess that "stainless" case you were talking about is plated pot metal-easier to cast and plate pot metal than to grind out a stainless case..especially for 20 bucks...unless the words "all stainless steel" were on it, then even, maybe not.
There is a company set to make betavoltaic batteries for cell phones and laptops(watches?)..a small tritium-powered "atomic battery" trickle charges a conventional lithium-ion battery..I suppose, with a phosphor, the battery could provide both power and light for a watch. No date is given as to when these will go into production.

Posted on Aug 27, 2005, 10:11 AM

Respond to this message

Return to Index
Responses

Find more forums on WatchesCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  
Vintage Timex Watch Forum