Thank you...

by John

very much for sharing this information.I just about fell out of my chair this a.m. when I opened the Forum and saw this post. I had no expectation of "challenging" you on this, but I can't tell you how happy I am that you opened the watch and posted the photos.It is a thing of beauty. Does it look like the screw heads have been worked on with a screw driver? I'll bet there was some real serious "legal" discussions within U.S.Time before they put this movement into a watch and called it "Timex" even if it was for the military. This is one of the reasons it's difficult to get a real true picture of an organization like Timex from a book "commissioned" by them ,ie;Timex:A Company and its Community.The "v-conic" was very likly the result of work done for the Government on the fuse timers made during WW-II. I sure wish someone from Timex or the Olsen family would "open up" and discuss this early work. Otherwise it will just get lost in the fog of time. Thanks ,Alan, for the excellent post.

Posted on Sep 27, 2005, 3:34 PM

Respond to this message

Return to Index

Find more forums on WatchesCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  
Vintage Timex Watch Forum