Nice job...

by technoguy

You did a fine job on that watch and from what you say, it almost sounds like it's NOS. I also like the protuding crystal and would leave it as it is...kind of reminds me of the "bubble" crystals that are appearing on some high-end Swiss watches.

Your "Viscount" has a military look to it and I am finding that I am becoming a fan of the military style watch of late. The problem is that I want one that has a cool dial and a two tone case...that's hard to find, but I'll keep searching. I know it's out there somewhere.

The other night I came within a gnat's eyelash of buying an Adee Kaye military style watch called "La Lune". What stopped me was that I realized that it had a 55 mm case on it. I like oversized cases/dials and decided to make a paper cutoff model of the watch to see what it would look like on my wrist. Well, it almost looked like a large pocket watch strapped to one's wrist...that dial was big enough to cook a pizza on! The huge amount of luminous paint on it's dial would normally eliminate it from my consideration, but I think they are now using only the new non-tritium containing photoluminescent dial paints.

Below is an image of the watch I almost got.

technoguy

Posted on Sep 28, 2005, 7:12 AM

Respond to this message

Return to Index

Find more forums on WatchesCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  
Vintage Timex Watch Forum