Maybe there's a secret plan being followed!...

by technoguy

Maybe I'm wrong about what the actual demand of automatic watches in the USA is! I mean, everybody on this forum seems to want them and they seem to sell like hotcakes on the cable tv watch shows. But, could it be that the majority of "average" watch buyers just do not want to be bothered with the unreliability of the automatic watch? I mean that they are turned off by its inherent inaccuracy and the need to wear/wind it regularly to keep it from stopping and then requiring that any calendar days/dates be manually reset.

Of course, maybe we in the USA are the victims of some sort of marketing scheme or plan. Perhaps Timex only offers automatic watches where quartz watches do not sell well...like countries where it is difficult or impossible to readily obtain a fresh watch battery? Since watch batteries are plentiful in the USA and maybe not Poland, we are flooded with the Timex quartz watches and Poland gets the automatics! The more I think about this, the more sense it makes...

technoguy

Posted on Sep 28, 2005, 11:21 PM

Respond to this message

Return to Index
Responses

Find more forums on WatchesCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  
Vintage Timex Watch Forum