WAIT!!! Before we jump to any conclusions..........(more)

by EdH

let's see how they advertise these automatics to the US market. They may have different movements, such as many makers of automatics have. There's Miyota, ETA, French Debauch, etc, and many watch firms use different movements in different watches.

The ones being marketed to the Polish market MAY NOT be the ones that will be marketed to US market. I believe the Timex "observers" of our Forum website KNOW that the US market will NOT tolerate a +/- 40 seconds PER DAY.

Let's have a little faith that Timex will not market a "junk" automatic product. It would not be advantageous to their "bottom" line. After all, they are investing time and money in marketing this product. PLUS, as someone has already pointed out (Technoguy, I think) they will have to establish service and support for the warranty on these automatics.

Let's wait and hope for the best. Like Charlie, I'm ready to add one to my collection, as well.

Cheers,

Ed

Posted on Sep 29, 2005, 8:43 AM

Respond to this message

Return to Index

Find more forums on WatchesCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  
Vintage Timex Watch Forum