OT: Watchmaker...

by C.W.

Someone here pondered what exactly it meant to call oneself a watchmaker and remarked that typically it meant they had the ability to change a battery. So I smiled at that and started wondering what my skills actually were. I don't call myself a watchmaker by any means, but since I started hanging around this place I can change a battery, a strap, take out links in standard bracelets, I've replaced crowns, crystals, recased movements and most recently thanks to our Mr. Gonsher, I have replaced a dial! Here is a picture of my latest achievement, or attempt!

The face is from a slightly different model, which explains the slight tilt, but it is miles ahead of the old dial in looks. I suspect the watch was worn while washing dishes, as it had a lot of gunk in it and from the looks of the old dial, some water damage.
A quick clean, a new dial and a sonic dip of the case and we're ready to tell time again!

Thanks Philip! We'll talk about what kind of parts you're looking for!
--Charlie

Posted on Oct 2, 2005, 7:11 AM

Respond to this message

Return to Index
Responses

Find more forums on WatchesCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  
Vintage Timex Watch Forum