Perhaps...

by C.W.

Perhaps, you're the real deal.

Watchmaking IS a dying art, although it seems to be coming back.

If you are as capable as you say I think you should have probably just smirked and agreed as honestly I don't think Tech' was talking about you. If you can do what you say, you are well above the average Joe.

I like that you jump to the defense of your art, but please don't deride us our pleasure of enjoying these amazing* ticking gems from up to 70 years past.

And for the record, if I found a Patek Phillipe in the street and it wasn't ticking, you BET I'd pop the back off verrrrrrry carefully. -Just to see that beautiful piece of technological art inside.

Would I start picking at it with the seam ripper I use to take the stem out of a Timex 22? Nooooo! Not one person on this forum would. We know the difference!

*Amazing due to the fact that any other watch of the same price produced at the same time has long ago stopped and wont restart! Takes a licking indeed!

Greg, take a breath, see yourself for what you are and come back to us. Any friend of a Timex is a friend of mine!

--Charlie

Posted on Oct 4, 2005, 2:49 AM

Respond to this message

Return to Index

Find more forums on WatchesCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  
Vintage Timex Watch Forum