NOTICE: This forum is now archived and in place for reference only.

If only all dr's were like yours....

by Cheryl (no login)

Susan-
You were informed of PTS prior to consenting to your tubal. Your dr sounds like one that is honest and straight-forward. Yes, we do have the web nowadays, and it does allow us to find information that is helpful, BUT.. the majority of the women that will post here are post-tubal and didn't have the luxuries of an honest dr and the iternet at the time of our tubals.
We trusted our dr's 100% to NOT do anything to us that would harm us physically. I know that the dr that did my tubal never once mentioned the possibility of PTS in 93 when I had my tubal. To this day, he still denies its existence. As many dr's do nowadays. Your dr is the exception to the rule. NOT ALL dr's are that honest about the possibility of PTS. We were NOT told that this could happen to us and when we go back to the dr's complaining of complications, we are told that it is all in our heads, or just to quit whining and take the pill or something like that and it will be our miracle cure.
We have every right to be mad about what has happened to us. We are not really attacking the dr's just venting frustration over being lied to and being ignored. Unless you have been where we are, it is easy to sit back and say that we need to just get over it.
I wish I would have had the resources to research tubal ligations prior to consenting to mine. In '93, I didn't have the internet AND I COMPLETELY trusted my dr when he said that this tubal wouldn't be harmful to me. Well, he didn't say that, but he didn't tell me about any of the harmful side effects that I know are a result of a tubal ligation now. Women are researching this nowadays. We have met quite a few on our mailing list that have been considering them and found us. I am hoping that we changed their minds about their having a tubal ligation. That is why we are here, to tell women that what is happening to them is very real and quite possibly a direct result of their tubal ligation.
What is wrong with this picture? It shouldn't be up to us to tell women this, this information should come from the dr's that perform tubal ligations on women. In a perfect world, that would be the case, but in our real world, dr's won't always tell you about PTS prior to your consenting to a tubal ligation and when you do find out and question them about it, they most often say that it is not a valid syndrome. It is all in our heads and the BC pill or some other surgical procedure will be our "miracle cure." It is not in our heads, it is a very real syndrome that needs to be studied and a way found to stop it. AND, women need to be warned of the possibility of PTS as a result of a tubal ligation. We will see that this happens. It will take time, but it will happen.

Posted on Nov 10, 1998, 8:23 AM
from IP address 209.45.243.102

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Find more forums on Network54Create your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  
Take the Tubal Ligation I.Q. Test Are you outraged? Feel as though you and other women were not (are not) being informed? Think that a class action lawsuit should be filed on behalf of post tubal women because information was and still is being withheld by the ACOG! The CPTwomen invites all reading this forum to join the CPTwomen and communicate with us at the members' forum. All posting here and conversation here has been moved to the members' forum.

CPTwomen members have testified in front of the IL and CA Court, the IL Gov. Task Force, the Sunset Review Committee, (Senator Liz Figueroa), NOW, and more. What occurred has been made a matter of public record. The CPTwomen are making public the issues which millions of other women have faced in silence. Issues such as women are not informed at the time of their tubal ligation that there is a risk of hormonal imbalance occurring. For the CPTwomen to continue its mission to move this issue to the forefront of government, we must ask for a small contribution/subscription fee from all those who wish to communicate with us and participate at the Coalition's Bulletin Board

This forum and www.Tubal.org site is Copyright © 1999 - 2002

Coalition for Post Tubal Women
Archived Public Forum