NOTICE: This forum is now archived and in place for reference only.

Letting the bitch out.

by Susan J. Bucher (no login)

I did not realize that I needed to let the bitch out when the doctor was informing me as to how my life would be enhansed form this surgery. I thought I made a very well informed dedision, but now I know that some very important information was left out.

Like the risk of castration.

In fact, the doctor looked me straight in the eye and told that there was no risk of menopause happening because of the tubal that he was proposing to do (and then did) on me.

This is fraud. Look around the interenet. Many
pages who promote tubals openly state "no risk of meno". This is bull ****. There is a very big risk of instant or early meno.

I made my decision on what the doctor told me and the shiney brochure that he handed me.

This was an outcome I was not advised of...
an outcome I had no idea at all existed...
and outcome that went undiagnoissed and untreated.

Not advised of because then I wouldn't of had the surgery.

Undiagnossed and untreated intentionally because in doing so would have been exposing and admitting that I was a victim of criminal fraud.

Those are the issues- We shouldn't have to let the bitch out in order to get information on an elective surgery such as a tubal ligation.

"elective" - not life saving. Gag rules don't
apply here.

We should be fully informed, and not lied to. period.

The tubal ligation surgery industry is a business. Doctors make money, companies make money making surgical equipment to perform these surgeries. Hospitals make money. Women end up coming back for 2nd and 3rd surgeries. Doctors make more money, and so on....

There is a reason that women are not poperly informed. Doing so would mean not as many women would "buy" this service which is known to bring repeat business.

Posted on Nov 11, 1998, 12:38 PM
from IP address 207.208.187.109

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home
Responses

Find more forums on Network54Create your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  
Take the Tubal Ligation I.Q. Test Are you outraged? Feel as though you and other women were not (are not) being informed? Think that a class action lawsuit should be filed on behalf of post tubal women because information was and still is being withheld by the ACOG! The CPTwomen invites all reading this forum to join the CPTwomen and communicate with us at the members' forum. All posting here and conversation here has been moved to the members' forum.

CPTwomen members have testified in front of the IL and CA Court, the IL Gov. Task Force, the Sunset Review Committee, (Senator Liz Figueroa), NOW, and more. What occurred has been made a matter of public record. The CPTwomen are making public the issues which millions of other women have faced in silence. Issues such as women are not informed at the time of their tubal ligation that there is a risk of hormonal imbalance occurring. For the CPTwomen to continue its mission to move this issue to the forefront of government, we must ask for a small contribution/subscription fee from all those who wish to communicate with us and participate at the Coalition's Bulletin Board

This forum and www.Tubal.org site is Copyright © 1999 - 2002

Coalition for Post Tubal Women
Archived Public Forum