NOTICE: This forum is now archived and in place for reference only.

What to expect

by Stephanie S. (no login)

I had a tubal when I was only 23. I had norplants for 18 months before the surgery. When I had the surgery, I had changing cycles as well as changing mood swings. I was told it was due to the removing of the norplants. This went on until my husband suggested that I go to a doctor to find out what was wrong with me mentally. They ended up putting me on prozac. I stayed on prozac for a year and found out that even though I had my tubes cut and burned, I was pregenant. After a week of suffering. They realized it was a tubular preg. and on friday of that week I was rushed in for emerg. surgery do to it busting. My doctor removed both tubes. He said that the one was damaged beyond repair and the other had holes in it that could not be re-tied. Since then I have had several menstraul cramps, headaches heavy bleeding as well as other symptoms. I have gone back for my yearly exaim and tried to express these symptoms and my concerns and the response was to put me on the pill. I did not want to take but later decided that I had better if I want to save my marriage as well as my sanity. I just want to know if this is normal? I also want to say that if I would have known the Heck that it would cause me, I would NOT have had this done. I have the same symptoms as my mother-in-law that is going through menopause and I'm only 26. Is there anything I can do?

Posted on Jan 4, 1999, 2:36 PM
from IP address 0.0.0.0

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home
Responses

Find more forums on Network54Create your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  
Take the Tubal Ligation I.Q. Test Are you outraged? Feel as though you and other women were not (are not) being informed? Think that a class action lawsuit should be filed on behalf of post tubal women because information was and still is being withheld by the ACOG! The CPTwomen invites all reading this forum to join the CPTwomen and communicate with us at the members' forum. All posting here and conversation here has been moved to the members' forum.

CPTwomen members have testified in front of the IL and CA Court, the IL Gov. Task Force, the Sunset Review Committee, (Senator Liz Figueroa), NOW, and more. What occurred has been made a matter of public record. The CPTwomen are making public the issues which millions of other women have faced in silence. Issues such as women are not informed at the time of their tubal ligation that there is a risk of hormonal imbalance occurring. For the CPTwomen to continue its mission to move this issue to the forefront of government, we must ask for a small contribution/subscription fee from all those who wish to communicate with us and participate at the Coalition's Bulletin Board

This forum and www.Tubal.org site is Copyright © 1999 - 2002

Coalition for Post Tubal Women
Archived Public Forum