NOTICE: This forum is now archived and in place for reference only.

Obgyn.net post......

by Cheryl (no login)

Ladies-
This is a good one. Susan recently posted this on their forum and got no answer. I just reposted it and added a request for an answer myself.
They don't like to discuss TL and PTS there. We have had a few major discussions going on there about it, and have had our posts removed and been banned from posting. Yeah, I'll admit, it got me riled and I was a bit rude, but they just say no such animal and let it go, not answering posts on the subject of TL or PTS. Many women go there, and to have something as important as this ignored, they are doing the women a great disservice. Women have the right to know everything prior to consenting to TL's and the various other procedures. By not allowing this topic of discussion, they are denying the women of the whole truth. If they are gonna run a site such as this, you have to be open-minded. We know that PTS exists, not talking about is not gonna make it go away. Which is the way it is here at my house. The hubby and I can't talk about it, he sides with everyone else on the issue.
Anywho, they are doing exactly what the dr's that didn't warn us of PTS did, forcing their non-belief on us. Sorry, this kind of thing makes me a bit riled. It has been one of those weekends. Things always seem to go wrong in bunches about two weeks prior to my time. *lol* The PMS is getting worse, but the periods are lightening(getting strange at any rate.) Wonder how soon meno will show up. Not having periods does sound appealing right now!! :o)
This is long, sorry, but there is the post itself yet to post. A part of it at least. *lol*
*** I AM NOT trying to say that you should go there and start something. That is NOT what I want. This is just something that I wanted to share with you. An example of how we are treated trying to make PTS recognized. *******

At Mon, 22 Mar 1999, Cheryl wrote:
I, too, would like to hear you opinions on these questions Dr's. There is much debate on the answer to them, but in YOUR professional opinions,
how would you respond to these questions? Thank You! Cheryl M. Rock

At Thu, 18 Mar 1999, susan j bucher wrote:
In your professional opinions...

What are "all" the risks of a tubal ligation?

What are "all" the benefits? (besides it being a permanent birth control)

--
Coalition of Post Tubal Women
http://www.tubal.org

Dr's response:

With all due respect, I have been to Ms. Bucher's website. I make it a point not to argue with anyone who has so much invested in a topic as to approach the fervor generally reserved for religion. Debate is one thing, but sticking my head into the buzzsaw of her selfrighteousness is above and beyond the call of duty.

--
William D. McIntosh, MD
Clarksville, TN

This is for educational purposes only. It is not intended to replace consultation and examination by your physician or other health care provider.

Posted on Mar 22, 1999, 2:06 PM
from IP address 209.45.192.87

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home
Responses

Find more forums on Network54Create your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  
Take the Tubal Ligation I.Q. Test Are you outraged? Feel as though you and other women were not (are not) being informed? Think that a class action lawsuit should be filed on behalf of post tubal women because information was and still is being withheld by the ACOG! The CPTwomen invites all reading this forum to join the CPTwomen and communicate with us at the members' forum. All posting here and conversation here has been moved to the members' forum.

CPTwomen members have testified in front of the IL and CA Court, the IL Gov. Task Force, the Sunset Review Committee, (Senator Liz Figueroa), NOW, and more. What occurred has been made a matter of public record. The CPTwomen are making public the issues which millions of other women have faced in silence. Issues such as women are not informed at the time of their tubal ligation that there is a risk of hormonal imbalance occurring. For the CPTwomen to continue its mission to move this issue to the forefront of government, we must ask for a small contribution/subscription fee from all those who wish to communicate with us and participate at the Coalition's Bulletin Board

This forum and www.Tubal.org site is Copyright © 1999 - 2002

Coalition for Post Tubal Women
Archived Public Forum