I do not recommend anyone to Ross University because:
1. Dominica is not as nice as it seems. There was student got attacked and died on the island.
2. One of my friend who was raped the day before her comprehensive exam (the exam you need to take to get out of the island and continue on to AICM in Miami), she was forced to go through it without mercy by Dr. Angelakos and/or Dr. Rios. Off course she failed the test because she experienced a PTSD (post-traumatic stress event). School required her to stay on the island to go through the BSMI (one extra semester) on the island before going to Miami.
3. Nobody really helped you with the housing.
4. You practically learned nothing from the first and second semesters professors.
1. Your clinical advisor sucks except Jeffery Peralta. After you received our step 1 score, you better faxed it to the Registrar Office, not to your clinical advisor. Then call your clinical advisor to set up your core rotations. Make sure you get all your 3rd year core because lots of people could not make though the match because they haven't finished surgery and/or ob/gyn...so delaying their step2.
2. they only send us to bad rotations. you're right with Wyckoff affiliated with Cornell. According to the ACGME website, it is only limited affiliated. You never see Cornell students there. Most of NYCOM students try to avoid doing rotations there.
3. We lost LICH and Maimonides/Mount Sinai because Ross doesn't want to pay money to them. St. George's and St. Mathew's can rotate there but we could only do electives at those hospitals....with special requests!!
4. Clinical advisor never helped us to schedule electives.... We have to do everything on our own.
5. Make sure you do not own money....or you cannot go through the rotations and who cares about your future if you missed the ERAS/NRMP match... because of the "BURSAR HOLD"
6. It takes the whole month to get your Dean's letter!!
7. You have to work your butt off to get a good grade in the rotations because of the lengthen requirement of passing from Ross's evaluation form... whereas US students are not required to show up...they can show up whenever they want to and they get to enjoy their Christmas and New Year break.
8. Nobody helps you with the housing in clinicals.
9. All financial officers are useless... they do not help you with your loan....they even mess up with your paperworks!!
10. Financial checks always come back to you at the end of the term....because Ross needs to put it in their banks to earn interests....whereas you paid interest on the day the check has been issued
Anyway, good luck if you're already in the system. Thank God I'm almost done for GOOD.