I sure don't hate him...

by Octopus

I'm a big fan of Ozzie, too, especially the "new and improved, butterfly-style" Oz. He's always been underrated, and he's still a top-notch goalie, who hasn't lost any of his game. I really think he's better now, than he was in the mid-to-late '90's.

Hasek is a whole different animal than Ozzie, though. He's a weird dude, very obsessive-compulsive and intense, and he plays every game and practice like it's for the Cup. He's not always at his best, all season long, but I think he thrives on the pressure of the big games and the playoffs. No matter what Ozzie does this season, if Dom is healthy and playing well at playoff-time, he's the starter in my book. If he falters badly, you don't lose much by bringing in Ozzie. Oz was hurt a lot last year, and became a non-factor, but he's been lucky to avoid any problems so far. Both of these guys have had injury-troubles in the past, particularly at playoff-time, so basically it's a crapshoot.

I love it when he challenges the skater like he did Gaborik. He intended to win the race to the puck, and when he didn't, he did the only thing he could, which was to play the puck with his pads stacked to avoid any chance of Gaborik flipping the puck over him. As it happened, Marian never looked up, so he must have been quite surprised to find himself flying head-over-heels through the air like that. Glad he didn't get hurt! He gets hurt all the time, but he got lucky in this spectacular mission space.

Posted on Dec 9, 2007, 1:44 PM
from IP address 24.208.232.104

Respond to this message

Return to Index
Responses

• I think they should change the rules. Big Dan on Dec 10, 2007, 5:37 PM