Speaking of Steve Y

by Burgie

Following the Ducks vs Sharks game last night, Doris and I were first in line for the elevator and scrabbled in before the hoards could stuff it. One of the fans said how much she disliked the Sharks fans, saying they were the worst in the league for a visiting team - I asked "worse than Detroit?". From the man directly behind me, packed up against the wall, came a mild "let's not talk about Detroit". I, never being one to just shutup, told him Doris was from Michigan, he said me too and we turned around and were nose to nose with Steve Yzerman - for once, maybe the only time in my adult life, I had nothing to say; fortunately I had nothing in my hands to have him sign so I avoided the fan culture trap of begging an autograph. He wasn't so lucky as we walked out the door, Detroit fans knew he was in the building and had staked out all the exits - naturally he was as gracious as he has always been portrayed. Still looks in shape, to me...

Quack!

Posted on Nov 22, 2009, 9:49 AM
from IP address 216.244.12.20

Respond to this message

Return to Index

Create your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  
To Go To The Moderator's Page