That's a lot of great info...

by D'Artagnon77

Octopus...

.....I'd love to get to a ball game, not that I'm a baseball fan anymore. But following baseball on tv or in the papers, that's not the same as being there, and even though I'm not a fan anymore, it's still a fun thing to do. In fact, I'm off to the Blue Jays game next Wednesday. Still, not sure we'll find time for a game this time around, but it'll be something we'll keep in mind for our next visit.

.....I like the idea of going to Greektown, I've read a little bit about it and I think that's one place I'd like to go. We're thinking about the two malls as well, but don't want to waste all our day inside at a mall, which looks just like any other mall in any other city, including our own. Still, I'm sure we'll make a quick stop at one of them, if not both.

.....Maybe we'll try to get a hotel/motel in Novi, when it comes to accommodations, that's one thing we want to be as safe as possible, and not have to worry about the car in the parking lot, or someone coming into our room at night...so that might be the best thing for us to do.

.....I know we're going to drive around a bit, not to do anything crazy, but a little here and there. Needless to say, we don't want to be shot, or carjacked...that would suck. I realize Detroit is a huge city, and that it'll be impossible to see it all in one day, but off the top of your head, are there any particular places that we should absolutely avoid. When I typed in "most dangerous areas in Detroit" into google, there are a lot of links that come up with a lot of different opinions, and like your nephew, it's a matter of perspective as to what's dangerous and what's not. I think one of the places it mentionned to avoid was Dearborn and anywhere along Michigan Ave. Another guy said to avoid Corktown and North Corktown. Other than that, I really don't know. I've also seen pictures of dozens of really posh houses, but they were unoccupied because they were foreclosed on. Most are made of brick, they look like Victorian Homes, big fences around them... but deserted.

.....Anyways, to give you a comparison to what I'm thinking, when I was in L.A., many people told me to avoid Compton and Watts, and that it would be a good idea to stay out of East L.A. I didn't stay away from them, but I was by myself, or with the Compton Police Force, so that was alright. It's those kind of badly reputed areas that I think I would like to avoid... does that make sense?

.....Thanks again for all your time and effort put into this, I appreciate it a lot...D'

Posted on Jun 23, 2011, 9:54 PM
from IP address 67.193.59.71

Respond to this message

Return to Index
Responses

• It's not like LA.... Octopus on Jun 24, 2011, 6:06 AM