Ok, so Weber gets away with THAT but Backstrom gets suspended
by Big Dan
Weber's defense for grabbing the back of Zetterberg's heard and slamming it against the glass:
1. Zetterberg didn't get hurt.
2. It was in the heat of the moment. Zetterberg gave him a bump a moment before.
3. Weber has a clean track record.
It is ridiculous that he did not get a suspension - that was dangerous.
So Backstrom cross-checks Peverley in the face.
1. Peverley wasn't hurt.
2. It was in the heat of the moment. Peverley gave him a shot earlier so Backstrom was retaliating.
3. Backstrom has a clean track record.
Yet somehow Backstrom gets a 1-game suspension for a far less tame hit. He didn't grab Peverley's head from behind and intentionally try to injure it.
I am a Bruins fan but it does make me wonder. All those conspiracy theorists who talk about how the NHL favors the Bruins because of the Jeremy Jacobs influence.
Posted on Apr 18, 2012, 6:58 AM from IP address 188.8.131.52