Respond to this messageBack
Original Message
  • No, not expecting them to bitch...
    • D'Artagnon77
      Posted Jun 3, 2007 9:42 AM

Burgie...

.....but there wasn't even one mention of doubt on whether or not the goal should have counted. Different players stated they thought the goal wasn't going to count because it was waved off, but then finished with a comment that it was reviewed, overturned and "Ottawa got a break"...and then not even one mention that it might have been the wrong call, not a single one. I wasn't expecting bitching, I wasn't expecting complaining...but had there been any doubt whatsoever about the legitimacy of the goal, or if even one player thought it was the wrong call, it's not a stretch to expect even one mention. And for the record, Pronger was complaining about other things, specifically "the 4 consecutive penaties" handed out to the Ducks. I can't find anywhere that lists 4 consecutive penalties to the Ducks, but that's what he said. Maybe he was refering to Perry, Getzlaf and Penner getting penalties with the Ottawa players (Fisher, Neil and Schaefer), followed up by the May penalty. I wouldn't call that 4 consecutive against the Ducks, but yes, Pronger was complaining about it.

.....And as stated before, Marchant described it pretty good, and he said he could have done more to stop the goal, but he let Alfredsson go. He never doubted the call for a second, or at least he never gave that impression.

.....I still haven't heard from Randy Carlysle, I wish I could see his post-game interview. I have seen one quote, where he simply states "The League felt it wasn't kicked in, sometimes those things go for you, tonight it went against us. We felt it was kicked in, they made the call and it's something we have to live with. It's as simple as that."

.....As for it being waved off, there have been literally hundreds of goals that were waved off during the regular season and overturned by the video replay officials...and vice versa, where a goal was allowed and overturned. You make it sound like Alfredsson's goal was the first overturned goal in League history...D'
    Your Name
    Message Title
    Message Text
    Image Services Photobucket.com
    Options
    Enable formatted text (what's this?)