http://www.boardmanweb.com/party

Respond to this message
Original Message
  • Re: ladybug party
    • Dawn (no login)
      Posted Jul 29, 2003 5:17 PM

I had a ladubug theme party for my daughter's 3rd b-day and it was a huge hit.Made the kids ladybug wings out of oaktag and antenneas with headbands and pom poms. A made a fower to hang on the wall and put a paper ladybug on it. They played a pin the tail on the donkey game to see who can get their ladybug closest to mine. You can play put the stinger on the bumblee. I found a ladybug pinata at walmart for $10 and cut the bottom open more to make it a pull string pinata. I called the nurseries to see who sold live ladybugs and none did so I filled the goodie bags with ladybug pez dispensers(you can also find other bug ones)ladybug stickers, a mini ladybug photo album, and anything else ladybug I could find. I bought red paper lunch bags from Micheals and had my daughter help glue ladybugs on them for the goodie bags. The cake was the best.I had a huge round cake pan and made 2 round cakes. I cut one in half and made one end straight for a head. I put the cut halves on the black frosted bottom half to make it look like the ladybug had open wings. I frosted the top wings red and gave it mini oreo spots and big green gumball eyes. It was awesome. I found the colored frosting dye at Micheals. You could also buy plastic bugs at the dollar store and tape small peices of candy to the bottoms and let the kids go on a bug hunt. You can also find nets at the dollar stores. If you go to the Family Fun website, they have great food and cake ideas such as celery stick and pretzel butterflies. I just went into birthday party idea websites and shopped around. You'll find what it takes to make a great party. I hoped this all helped. Have fun!!!
    Login Status
  • You are not logged in
    • Login
      Password

Optional
      Provides additional benefits such as notifications, signatures, and user authentication.

Create Account
    Your Name
    Your Email
    (Optional)
    Message Title
    Message Text
    Options Also send responses to my email address

Create your own forum at Network54
     Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  
    http://www.boardmanweb.com/party