http://www.boardmanweb.com/party

Respond to this message
Original Message
  • Re: 4 year old beach party
    • Erin (no login)
      Posted Aug 5, 2003 6:01 PM

You can decorate the room with beach towels, umbrellas, seashells or anything else one could see at the beach. Everyone can wear beach attire, sandals, and even funky sunglasses. A good choice of background music will add to the mood; maybe steel drums or a Beach Boys tape.

Games and Activities

"Lifeguard, lifeguard, where's your whistle?" This is a simple variation of the old favorite, "Doggy doggy where's your bone?":An eraser or another object was put under the chair. That was the bone. While the dog was turned around with his or her eyes closed someone would sneak up and steal the bone and hide it somewhere on his person. Then everyone would sing: Doggy, Doggy, where's your bone? Somebody's stole it from your home. Guess who it might be you. Then the dog has three chances to guess who took it. Sometimes it was left under his or her chair. If the dog guessed right then he got to do it again. If he guessed wrong than the person who had the bone got a turn as the dog.

Volleyball, the standard beach game, can be brought indoors by using an inflatable beach ball. For younger children or small rooms, have everyone sit and volley the ball within the circle.

Imagination pantomime. Encourage children to use their creativity and move the way you suggest. Pretend you are swimming in the ocean waves. Pretend you are walking barefoot over the hot sand. Pretend you are surfing. Pretend you a crab and do the crab walk (to do the crab walk you need to sit on the floor and rise up and walk backwards on your hands and feet).

Have a scavenger hunt for seashells. Use paper shapes if you can't get real ones

CRAFTS
      Sand drizzles. A simple project children of all ages can do. Drip, drizzle and swirl white craft glue on heavy construction paper or cardboard. Then sprinkle sand over the top, shake off the excess and let dry.

Ocean in a bottle. In a small jar combine vegatable oil with a drop of blue food coloring. Children can then add various materials such as driftwood and shells.

Songs and Rhymes

"5 Little Seagulls"

5 little seagulls sitting on the beach.
      One walked along the shore,
      then there were four.
      4 little seagulls sitting on the beach.
      One hid behind a tree,
      then there were three.
      3 little seagulls sitting on the beach.
      One got up and flew,
      then there were two.
      2 little seagulls sitting on the beach.
      One went to have some fun,
      then there was one.
      1 little seagull sitting on the beach.
      she went to chase the sun,
      then there were none.

"We are Going to the Beach" (to the tune of Mary Had a Little Lamb)

We are going to the beach, to the beach to the beach to the beach.
      We are going to the beach, we're gonna have some fun.
      I shall like to swim all day, swim all day, swim all day.
      I shall like to swim all day, then lay out in the sun.
      I will build a castle here, castle here, castle here.
      I will build a castle here, I'll have the tallest one.

ok lemme know how it goes. I hope I helped!

~Erin (15)
    Login Status
  • You are not logged in
    • Login
      Password

Optional
      Provides additional benefits such as notifications, signatures, and user authentication.

Create Account
    Your Name
    Your Email
    (Optional)
    Message Title
    Message Text
    Options Also send responses to my email address

Create your own forum at Network54
     Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  
    http://www.boardmanweb.com/party