http://www.boardmanweb.com/party

Respond to this message
Original Message
  • re: luau
    • (no login)
      Posted Feb 11, 2008 5:16 PM

hi
      i had a luau for my daughter's 2 year birthday party. it was a blast. most were dresses in hula skirts and flip flops. that was the basic theme. for favors: it took a lot of time, but i looked up all the names of the invited kids on the internet, and found their "hawaiian" names. i used the computer to type the names in a fancy font to be printed and cut big enough to be placed in these frames. i got from the dollar store. the names were printed on regular paper, but backed with an index card for more support; the cards were about 5x7, the same size as the frames. (it helps to get the frames first; there are two different sizes). the cards come 3 to a pack. i had 50 kids, but for a smaller group, it won't take as long. then i decorated the frames for the kids to take home and hang on their walls. i used that rafia-type twine and made a loop on the back and glued it with a hot glue gun. for the older kids, they can decorate their own frames. i used these cut-out flip flops and some flowers. they loved seeing their names written in another language. it was great! here are a few sites for party favors as well: www.orientaltrading.com, (there are some craft-making kits on this site that you can buy by the dozen)
      www.shindigz.com;
      www.ustoy.com;
      you can order a lot in bulk. there are cheap goody bags, too.
      if you have any questions, please feel free to reply to jbertucci@cox.net
    Login Status
  • You are not logged in
    • Login
      Password

Optional
      Provides additional benefits such as notifications, signatures, and user authentication.

Create Account
    Your Name
    Your Email
    (Optional)
    Message Title
    Message Text
    Options Also send responses to my email address

Create your own forum at Network54
     Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  
    http://www.boardmanweb.com/party