http://www.boardmanweb.com/party

Respond to this message
Original Message
  • re: luau
    • (no login)
      Posted Feb 11, 2008 5:16 PM

hi
      i had a luau for my daughter's 2 year birthday party. it was a blast. most were dresses in hula skirts and flip flops. that was the basic theme. for favors: it took a lot of time, but i looked up all the names of the invited kids on the internet, and found their "hawaiian" names. i used the computer to type the names in a fancy font to be printed and cut big enough to be placed in these frames. i got from the dollar store. the names were printed on regular paper, but backed with an index card for more support; the cards were about 5x7, the same size as the frames. (it helps to get the frames first; there are two different sizes). the cards come 3 to a pack. i had 50 kids, but for a smaller group, it won't take as long. then i decorated the frames for the kids to take home and hang on their walls. i used that rafia-type twine and made a loop on the back and glued it with a hot glue gun. for the older kids, they can decorate their own frames. i used these cut-out flip flops and some flowers. they loved seeing their names written in another language. it was great! here are a few sites for party favors as well: www.orientaltrading.com, (there are some craft-making kits on this site that you can buy by the dozen)
      www.shindigz.com;
      www.ustoy.com;
      you can order a lot in bulk. there are cheap goody bags, too.
      if you have any questions, please feel free to reply to jbertucci@cox.net
    Login Status
  • You are not logged in
    • Login
      Password

Optional
      Provides additional benefits such as notifications, signatures, and user authentication.

Create Account
    Your Name
    Message Title
    Message Text
    Options

Create your own forum at Network54
     Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  
    http://www.boardmanweb.com/party