http://www.boardmanweb.com/party

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>  

Ballerina Birthday Party

November 11 2003 at 3:37 PM
No score for this post
Tonya  (no login)
from IP address 216.42.66.139

I want to start gathering ideas for my daughter's 4th birthday. She loves balleinas, especially Angelina Ballerina. If anyone has any ideas, I would love to hear them. (Food, cake, games, etc...)

Thanks!
Tonya

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Anonymous
(no login)

Re: Ballerina Birthday Party

No score for this post
November 13 2003, 4:31 PM 

From Birthdaypartyideas.com
A ballerina bash!

Ballerina invitations that read:
Come dance & twirl with the birthday girl! It'll be "tu-tu" much fun. Curtain call is 2 p.m. So be on your toes! Ballet attire."

Decorations
A wreath on the door to match the party theme. It is a nice welcome for guests and also signals the location. These can be adorable: lots of pink tulle, pink ribbon and a ballerina doll on each one.

Pink flowers everywhere and Ballerina Barbie in several centerpieces.

Set up two large white tents with pink ribbon and balloons attached to each corner...and the music from the Nutcracker Suite playing in the yard. The tables under each tent were draped with ballerina point shoe tablecloths and other ballet accessories from Party City. Under one tent the girls could color ballerina pictures. Under the other tent was the cookie decorating station:

"I baked ballet shoe sugar cookies and had icing and tons of sprinkles for them to decorate their own cookie. They decorated the cookie on a paper plate and when finished we wrote their name on the plate placed them inside to dry. When dry we packed them in a themed loot bag to take home. "

PB&J sandwiches cut out into hearts and stars using cookie cutters

Chocolate fondue - using wooden skewers served in a pink bud vase the girls dipped strawberries, grapes, big marshmallows, pound cake, graham crackers and pretzels.

A beautiful white and pink cake topped with a ballerina sugar cookie and white chocolate covered strawberries.

Pink lemonade in plastic tea cups kept cool using an ice ring made from the lemonade, sliced lemons, strawberries and mint.

Ask each girl to wear a leotard and tights. Can make pink tutus for each girl which can be put on little satin hangers. To make real TuTu's for around a dollar a piece, just gather pink netting and sew a strip of lace around the waist, tie in back.

Have classical music playing.

Hang a white sheet with streamers and a cluster of pink balloons to serve as a background for the pictures.

Transformed a room into a tea party.

Parents can be asked to come 15 minutes before the party was to end, in order to attend their daughters Ballet recital.

Hold this party in a community room if you don't have room for so many dancing, twirling, leaping young ballerinas.

100 large, pearlized pink and white balloons tied with ribbon that hung down just above heads.

Use white doilies as coasters and plastic whine goblets to serve the gorgeous drinks. One small scoop of ice-cream and some red colored soda pop foams up..so pretty and delicious.

Puffy painted name cards and tissue created flower centerpieces make the girls feel like the bell of the ball.

Find Ballet music and have the girls practice a dance before the parents come for a recital..play a short ballet dance movie on the big screen tv..

The skirts were very easy to make and required only basic sewing skills: each skirt required one yard of tulle which I folded in half lengthwise and then in half again. I put pastel colored silk flower petals inside the fold of the skirt and then stitched the back seam. I then sewed a gathering stitch along the long unfold edge, gathered the skirt and then stitched a wide pink satin ribbon for a sash.

Attach a balloon to each chair and five balloons to the birthday girls.

A ballerina barbie from a coloring books/learning books, change the size at work with a copy machine to fit on the front of the invitation. Add roses all around the picture from a computer.

As all the girls leave the birthday girl can hand out a rose with a little note attached that said thank you for coming to my party. A fake rose bought in a bundle at the fabric store. You can get 6-7 roses on one bundle...for around 75 cents.

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>  
Create your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  
http://www.boardmanweb.com/party