http://www.boardmanweb.com/party

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>  

For all the teens who are posting here... Here are some ideas for you...

November 24 2003 at 1:04 PM
Score 4.0 (1 person)
CalifNtve  (Login CalifNtve)
from IP address 68.116.64.75

Hi - there seems to be lots of teens who are looking for ideas for their parties. (Mostly girls by the looks of it.) So I'm listing some ideas that you might want to think about.

First you need to find a theme - This can be a thing or even colors. I held a "black & white" birthday party for my husband one year. Decorated all in b&w, made all the foods b&w (that was definetely interesting!), etc. Other themes you might want to consider:

A cooking or chef's party. Find some simple (or not) recipes to make w/ your friends. Be sure to include many courses: appetizers, salad, main dish, side dishes and a perfect birthday dessert. Don't forget the drinks. Set up a gorgeous dining table w/ china & goblets, if possible. Get yourselves beautiful and sit down to a perfect (or not) meal. See if the parents will help.

Or you could make it a baking party. Because it's so close to Christmas, maybe you all could get together and bake for your family's gifts. Cookies, cakes and quick breads all fit the bill.

Scrapbook party - have everyone bring some photos (or copies). Get out lots of different paper, glue, etc. Provide each guest with a few scrapbook sheets and let everyone get creative. There are lots of tips and ideas of scrapbooking on the net. You could also use a poloroid camera and make a page up all together of your party.

Other ideas:

Glamour party - have each guest bring as much costume jewelery and neat clothes that they have. (you might also go by a thrift store to see what you can find.)Boas, denim jackets, whatever. Get lots of neat makeup from the dollar store. See if you can find someone to do your hair and make up. Tape a sheet onto a blank wall. Get a step-stool and cover that. Use one more table for propping elbows, etc. for poses. Take gobs and gobs of pictures. Let everyone choose their favorite and put into a frame for a party favor. You'll be surprised on how many neat photos you'll get.

What about a Carribean party - kind of like a laui, but more Jamaican. Play Jimmy Buffet & reggae. Drink (virgin) Daquiris or any other blender drink. Little umbrellas. Find some Carribean recipes to make. Toss a few mosquitos in for good measure.

I have more ideas but I've ran out of time... Hope these help you all. I'll try and think of some Co-ed party ideas too.

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Bekah
(no login)

Thanks

No score for this post
February 10 2004, 11:31 AM 

Thanks for the Ideas! I am going to be throghing a surprise B-day party soon and I had no ideas and she really likes carribean stuff so I think that is what I will do. wel got to go bye

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>  
Create your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  
http://www.boardmanweb.com/party