http://www.boardmanweb.com/party

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>  

Help! Looking for a whale cake

January 19 2004 at 7:58 AM
No score for this post
  (Login tmlavold)
from IP address 68.115.76.58

I am throwing an "under water" party for my three-year old and I REALLY want to find a way to make him a cake in the shape of a whale. I know I can do it, I just need some pictures or ideas of how to make the cake. He loves whales, and this would make the whole party. Please, if anyone has any resources or ideas, help me!

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Hailey
(Login SurferChickFL)

Help

No score for this post
January 19 2004, 10:15 AM 

Well you can probably just bake a cake in a big retangle shaped tin and cut so it looks like a whale. Then use a gray icing and icing it all over even on the sides and then use black for a little eye. Or you could go to Publix or any other bakery and I am sure that they will make it for you. I know that Publix makes really cakes I had one last year and it was like a cat!!

brian
(no login)

Re: Help! Looking for a whale cake

Score 1.0 (1 person)
January 21 2004, 7:05 PM 

Have a mound of cake and have the whale be coming up for air and have the mound be the exposed part and then draw the tail and the water on the platter

(no login)

Whale CAKE?

No score for this post
April 18 2004, 11:41 AM 

Help, I have to make a Whale cake for a 2 year old, any pictures or ideas?

Tammy
(no login)

whale cake

No score for this post
February 7 2011, 8:53 PM 

Tahnks for this -a great idea having it come out of the water since I cant really find a cake pan, I can use a soccer ball pan to do the half of whale-round just bridgingthe surface and I did find tail looking fins on acmoors site under fondant cutouts.

(no login)

Whale Pan?

No score for this post
February 7 2004, 8:59 AM 

Did you find a whale pan? or any good ideas. I am also planning a whale themed party for my 2 year old son. He loves whales and I have not had much luck. Let me know if you have any ideas.

(no login)

Whale Cake Pan

No score for this post
April 18 2004, 11:35 AM 

I saw your info about a whale cake pan listed under whale cake, do you know how or where to get one? Thank You, Mary

Anonymous
(no login)

Re: Whale Cake Pan

No score for this post
May 17 2004, 6:45 PM 

carvel

(no login)

Great Whale Cake - process

Score 5.0 (1 person)
October 15 2004, 7:35 AM 

I made a great whale cake recently for a friend's birthday. I couldn't find anything to really help me out, so I made it up.
Here's what I did:
I bought a football shaped mould from a specialty baking store. It is rounded in the bottom, not flat, so it really rises up off the plate.
I baked a cake, a good rising one, not too dense. I cut off the tip of the "football" so my whale would have a squared off head.
I used the excess from the trimming to make small side fins.
I bought an easy to make fondant icing kit. (I could have made it myself but the kit was atually cheaper, you need a lot of stuff like glyceryne for this if you do it from scratch.) Fondant really finishes things off nicely with a satiny smooth finish. Much easier to work with than regular icing. I coloured most of the fondant using a pretty light blue food colour- more appetising than grey i think. I rolled out the fondant and tucked it into the folds of the cake.
I used excess fondant like moulding clay to create the tail, splashing high in the air.
I used a small amount of white fondant that I set aside with a chocolate chip in the centre for the eyes. I traced a line in the fondant for the mouth, then painted it in with a paint brush and red food colouring.
The finishing touch was for the 'blow hole'. For this, I melted 10-15 blue suckers in a pot, spread the syrup in line patterns and splashes in a glass bowl (a bowl to make some of the lines curved and not all flat). When dry, the syrup, though breakable (be careful!), was great to tuck into a small hole in the centre of the whale's back and created a really cool effect of splashing water! My friends were impressed.
To top it all off, I served the cake on a bed of chopped up blue jello.
I had so much fun making this, it was really worth the effort and looked fabulous in the end!
Enjoy. Cara

Tammy
(no login)

Re: Help! Looking for a whale cake

No score for this post
February 7 2011, 8:55 PM 

punch in/goodle fudgy the whale cake pan-this si the only one I saw/found

Current Topic - Help! Looking for a whale cake
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>  
Create your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  
http://www.boardmanweb.com/party