http://www.boardmanweb.com/party

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>  

Any Ideas?

April 6 2004 at 5:55 AM
No score for this post
  (Login Paulje)
from IP address 152.163.253.3

I have two sons approaching their 18th and 16th birthday in the month of May. They are two years and four days apart. We have always had mutual birthday celebrations to which they have always hated. I am at a total loss for ideas this year. I want to something special for each individually. Also my oldest will be graduating high school in June. Any ideas?

Paulje

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Lindsay
(no login)

Solution?

No score for this post
April 6 2004, 10:50 AM 

My mom did the same for my siblings (we are each three years apart, with all of our bdays within a month) to make it special for each of us(as we got older and also hated the joint party idea), we would have one joint party during the month for family, and then on our bday (or the weekend following it) we could hav our own personal party for friends, and could invide the number of friends as our age (ex: age 7, 7 friends) the family party was always simple, she would make barbicue, coleslaw etc. then for our personal parties she would always order pizza, and we were incarge of 'planing' for the parties. all plans had to be okayed by her, but we still got our special day, and had fun doing it.
as for the graduation, ask your son, after all it is his graduation! does he want a party? and who does he want to invite? for my graduation my mom had the family over around 2ish, i opened graduation gifts and such from family, and my friends started comming over around 4ish. around 4 my mom served an early diner (i think we had pizza, but what ever it was it was easy) after dinner my family started to leave, and my friends and i had 'our' party. It worked out great, one day, family and friends, but nobodys toes were steped on.
I hope this helps!

vronika123
(no login)

Re: Any Ideas?

No score for this post
April 6 2004, 7:06 PM 

Since it's in May...try a backyard evening party. Possibly a barbeque and a DJ. Make sure the DJ has a good personality so that you can get the teenagers involoved in silly games like hokie pokie, german chicken dance, etc. Have fun with it and have teenage prizes such as movie passes, gift cards to video or music stores. I'm sure your kids will have a blast!

(no login)

I got ideas!!!!

No score for this post
April 13 2004, 4:02 AM 

Well what are they into, i might be able to help even though im 9. I got some ideas, like:
Sleepovers-everybody loves them!!!!!! You can have a scary movie marathon, all boys like scary.
Home Party- You could have a bbq or pizza like somethin' like that. Then you can have a disco with a DG and they can dance crazy!
Suprise party-everyone likes that. So you just dont tell them and when they ask to have a type of party say no! Then they get upset, and when its there birthday they gone out 4 a li'l while then they come home they get home all there friends jump out and "SUPRISE!" and then you can just watch movies or whatever. I hope you like my ideas!!!

Current Topic - Any Ideas?
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>  
Create your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  
http://www.boardmanweb.com/party