March 12 2006 at 11:36 PM
No score for this post
Anonymous  (no login)
from IP address 69.250.55.197

I want to do something fun -
somehow including energy - people - giving
If possible, something unusual or uncommon,
not the kind of thing I could do any time
(like simply going to a restaurant or a club--people can get together to do that whenever).
I want to take advantage of that extra energy present when a birthday is involved. :)
Love the idea of giving being involved, though not sure quite who is giving what to whom.
Energetic, deeper, crazy-cool
Any ideas?

(Living in the Baltimore/D.C. area, & turning 25)
(enjoy energy, outdoors, bringing people together,
music, culture, food, film, laughing, environment,
social and moral consciousness,
making the world a better place,
light--lighthouse,
animals, reading, creating, arts, new experiences,
bringing joy to others, mobilizing people,
engaging in our potential...)

(potential problems:
Lots of passion and energy, but unsure how to execute successful event. How bring people together? Gotta decide one idea for this particular time--that could be as tough as coming up with ideas in the first place. ;) )

THANKS!

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
dafne
(Login ActivityParty.com)

Belly Dancer Party

No score for this post
March 13 2006, 12:36 PM 

A great way to celebrate a 25th birthday is by hiring a professional bellydancer to come and teach all the ladies a bellydance class. What we do with our clients is bring them chocolate fondue, fruits and bottles of wine and teach them an hour long bellydance class. I'm sure you could find a bellydancer in your area. You can either have it at a dance studio or the bellydancer comes to your home. You can decorate your place with lavish fabrics and pillows etc. In term of giving since it's an "empowering women" kind of day you could ask guest to bring pampering gifts that can be opened by the guest of honour and all of them donated to the local Women's Shelter. For example a foot spa, creams, nail polishes, make-up etc.

Just to give some background on bellydance: It is a dance that has been performed for hundreds of years by women and for women. In traditional Middle Eastern Cultures (which is where bellydance has it's origins) the women and the men had their parties and gatherings seperate, so the women would dance and party only among each other. The dance developed as a feminine expression of self - imagine dancing for hundreds of years with not a single man watching, no brother, father, husband etc. Consequently the dance became so feminine and sensual that when Western Travelers saw it in the early 1800s (Victorian era where the Western women of those times would not even show an ankle or wrist in public) being performed by Gypsies they immediately turned it into something scandalous and unfortunatley this misconception has stuck around.

So have a girls night out and hire a bellydancer. That's my suggestion!! Dafne.

www.activityparty.com

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>  
Create your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  
http://www.boardmanweb.com/party