When celebrating your birthday, there are millions of ways to party. Some like to dance, while others prefer a low-key approach like a cozy meal with some friends. If you prefer the latter, you’ll probably want a fun place to dine with great food and company, without having to worry about being loud and getting the evil eye from the next table over.
There are tons of New York restaurants that offer the perfect combination of food, drinks, and birthday candle goodness to celebrate growing one year older.
Here are some of my favorites:
1) Son Cubano – This meatpacking restaurant is the perfect restaurant for any group celebration. They have a regular menu as well as a prix fixe so you’ll never leave with an empty stomach – there’s a little something for everyone. The live band plays every night (except Mondays). On Saturday nights, the dance floor gets hot and heavy when the DJ gets to work. But let’s not forget about the food. At Son Cubano, you can satisfy your Cuban craving with delicious Cuban cuisine. Add some mojitos or sangria to the mix, and then get your dance on. You’ll love it.
2) Tony Di Napoli’s – This family style Italian restaurant never disappoints. There are two locations in Manhattan – one on the UES and the other in the theatre district. The food is fantastic and for groups of 15 or more they offer party packages. Both venues are guaranteed to leave you fat and sassy.
3) Dos Caminos – One of Steve Hanson’s best restaurants. There are four locations in NYC to choose from. Dos Caminos has been rated one of the best Mexican restaurants in New York City. This restaurant is a great place for an after-work or late night celebration. If Tequila and Guacamole is your thing, choose Dos Caminos as your birthday spot.
4) The Stanton Social – What a great place for groups celebrating a special occasion! There are private and semi-private rooms where you can hold your special event. From Kobe burgers to french onion dumplings, this lower east side eatery is the great casual hangout option.
5) Pipa – means having a good time in Spanish. This is certainly the place to have a good time on your birthday – especially, if you like Tapas. Pipa encourages you to order a bunch of Tapas, so you get to try a lot of items on their extensive menu. Don’t forget to order a pitcher of the oh-so-sinful Sangria.
6) Tao – After 10 years in New York City, this venue is still one of New York’s most popular venues. The atmosphere is so fun, and you always have a great time dining with celebrities and people watching. Tao offers a mean Carmeltini (think Godiva and Absolut).
7) Nobu 57 – This famous hotspot is on fashionable 57th Street. You will dine amongst the elite at this spectacular venue. This is more than just a Japanese restaurant it is an experience. Don’t forget to make a reservation!
8) Piccolo Angelo – Walking by this small Italian restaurant, you would never think that it has some of the best Italian food in NYC. Even with a reservation you may have to wait a bit but it is worth it. The food is DELICIOUS. a
It’s your birthday; you can eat your heart out if you want to. That’s the beauty of the Birthday – it’s YOUR day. So, Wine and Dine with your friends and eat some cake while you’re at it. In fact, have two slices.