Please be sure to take your time and visit our main websites at:
http://www.HJKDCGFA.com / http://www.HardcoreJKD.com / http://www.DragonBlastMA.com / http://www.HJKDmag.com

HARDCORE JEET KUNE DO WEBSITE
The Very Best In Instructional DVDs, Official Hardcore Jeet Kune Do Mook Jongs, Official Hardcore Jeet Kune Do Springarms, Hardcore Jeet Kune Do Training Clothes & Much, Much More!

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Home  

HI everyone im new. 1st question...

July 7 2012 at 9:26 PM
  (Login streetfighter21)
from IP address 68.51.18.126

Ive been self training myself in my own interpretation of jkd since i was 15 (20 now ) and the more i dig into bruce lee art and philosophy, the more i find. recently ive found out about structure (patrick strong) and im amazed by it. now i know how bruce lee being 125 when he died was able to beat much stronger men. how do i learn structure too?

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply

(Login KeithBuckner)

Re: HI everyone im new. 1st question...

July 7 2012, 9:52 PM 

Welcome to the group Ken!

IMO, it cannot be stressed enough to find a reputable instructor, near you.

Sifu Davis, of course is a STRONG proponent of structure.

That is just my opinion, and worth almost what you paid for it.

KB

"Some people are alive only because it is illegal to kill them."

Respond to this message   

(no login)

Re: HI everyone im new. 1st question...

July 7 2012, 10:37 PM 

So Ken, where do you live?

RR

Respond to this message   

(Login streetfighter21)

Little Rock Arkansas

July 8 2012, 12:12 AM 

I was about 14 when i first started getting into bruce lee. I love his movies and the funny thing is that bruce's life is way more interesting than his films lol. Anyway i figured since i dont have an instructor i can just learn the okd fashioned way by sparring, watching patrick strong and other original jkd teachers on video and also by hitting my heavy bag. Ive been reading the old chihand forum and that was the first place i learned about how important sil lim tao, chi sao, and structure is. I also learned about non intention (not non telegraph ) instead of focusing on techniques and physical fitness ive learned to focus more on principles like eliminating rebound and mental awareness. The only thing i need a little guidance in is drills that i can do to instill true jeet kune do principles and not just techniques into my neural system. Any training ideas???

Respond to this message   

(no login)

Re: Little Rock Arkansas

July 8 2012, 9:49 AM 

If you can not get instruction near you then the course of action is clear. If I were you I would immediately start purchasing Sifu's Instructional DVDs. I have an extensive collection of Martial Arts training DVDs. Sifu's are without a doubt the best I have seen. They will train you step by step in the system. You CAN Learn from them, then all you need is sometime hands on with an instructor to correct a few things and let you get the proper feeling. I would start there and then plan on attending one of Sifu's training camps.

Respond to this message   

(Login streetfighter21)

July 8 2012, 12:43 PM 

ok well in the meantime what training drills do you all suggest i do?

Respond to this message   

(Login KeithBuckner)

July 9 2012, 11:38 PM 

Ken,
I strongly suggest you find an instructor and, at least, make sure that you are "structurally sound". IOW, that your forming of the key principles of any drills you wish to train are correctly executed. I would suggest attending one of Sifu's Seminars, at the very least. Make contact with him, and insure your foundation is solid. EVERYTHING that is intended to endure MUST be built on a solid foundation. Once you make initial contact with Sifu, distance learning can begin, with you periodically checking in with him (Seminars, Camps, etc ...) to make sure you stay grounded and "spot on".

Little Rock is only 2 states away from here. I know that seems a long way, but people have certainly traveled much greater distances to train with the most proficient 2nd Gen JKD instructor on Earth.

Looking forward to hopefully meeting you one day,

KB

"Some people are alive only because it is illegal to kill them."

Respond to this message   

(Login Drew.Sturchio)

Jeet Kune Do Complete vol 1.

July 23 2012, 9:31 PM 

I agree with all of the above, find a qualified instructor be evaluated. If there are none near you keep looking at this forum you will find out about a plethora of training opportunities such as 3 and 5 day camps. You may also set up a hit session with Sifu Lamar Davis. My suggestion on where to start is sifu's Jeet Kune Do complete dvd series. Volume 1 is foundation structure and will undoubtably answer a lot of your questions.

Thanks for reading.

Respond to this message   
Current Topic - HI everyone im new. 1st question...
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Home  

ATTENTION PLEASE!
If anyone should need to contact me about my Instructor Training Programs, Organization Memberships, Seminars, Training Camps, H.I.T Program, Instructional DVDs, Upcoming Book Releases,
Official Hardcore Jeet Kune Do Clothing, Official Hardcore Jeet Kune Do Training Equipment or anything else Hardcore Jeet Kune Do related, please feel free to email me anytime at:

Sifu@HardcoreJKD.com

Or, Write To Me At:

Sifu Lamar M. Davis II
HARDCORE JEET KUNE DO
205 2nd Avenue East
Oneonta, Alabama 35121
U. S. A.

Thank You For Dropping By!