Respond to this message***Return to Page 1***
Original Message
  • Borrowed Time Ch.2
    • (Login baby_blu15)
      Posted Aug 12, 2006 7:18 PM

This is more of a brother, sister bonding chapter. Enjoy

Chapter Two

“So Brady What have you been up to for the past how many years has it been?” “Nineteen years Tinkerbelle” “Aw you remembered.” “Of course how could I forget. Let’s get you settled into your room.”

They went up stairs and put Belle’s luggage in the guest bedroom that was ready for her. Sitting on the bed they talked and caught up on each others lives. “So Belle how’s Dad and Marlena doing?”

“Well you’ll be happy to know that currently they are separated.” “What!?!” “Yup, they’ve been for about six months now and by the looks of things it seems that they’re headed towards a divorce.”

“And why do you think I’d be happy about that?” “It’s no secret that you never liked Marlena. So you’re probably happy about it.” Grabbing her hands he looked solemnly in here eyes.

“Belle I know me and Marlena have had our differences over the years, but I truly believed that Dad and her loved each other it just comes as a shock. Did they say why?” “ No they just told me that they grew apart and some song and dance about it. I didn’t ask.”

“Come here.” Brady enveloped her in a big bear hug that meant the world to her. Mumbling again his chest. “At least I still have you Brady.” “You can count on that.” She pulled out of his embrace and went to the door. “Tink where are you going?”

“Well If I’m here I might as well show you what a simple thing of cleaning up can do” With a bright smile she left the room. “Arghhh”

Falling back on the bed Brady knew that this was not going to be pleasant. “Hurry up Brady this stuff isn’t going to pick it self up.” Standing at the top of his stairs he looked down.

“Aren’t you jet lagged or something sis?” “Nope I’m wide awake now get your butt down here and help me.” “Alright alright.”

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Laying awake in his bed he looked over at the clock. It was now 2:15 in the afternoon. He couldn’t get a wink of sleep since he came back. Why was she in his head. ‘This was wrong.

She was Brady’s sister he couldn’t think about her like that. She doesn’t even remember me. Yeah she doesn’t even remember me. Great. Wait why and I mad about that.

No it’s the first time I’ve seen her in a long time that’s just it.’ He turned over to see if he couldn’t at least get a couple of minutes sleep. If he didn’t then he wouldn’t be able to stay awake at work. Shutting his eyes tightly he saw her again.

Her small frame. Her goddess looking figure and that blonde hair. It looked so silky. Her clothes hugged her curves in all the right places. He jolted up. No don’t think of her like that.

Just remember she’s the pesky five year old who wouldn’t leave me and Brady alone. That’s it. Just keep remembering how annoying she was and you wont think of her.

Laying back down he closed his eyes once more in another attempt to see if he could get at least 30 seconds of sleep. After what seemed like a lifetime he fell into a deep sleep.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
      2 hours later

“Wow I have a floor!” “See told you cleaning wouldn’t hurt, you even found things that you wouldn’t have found in years.”

“Oh your just full of jokes aren’t you Ms. Belle.” “What can I say I should be a comedian.” “So what will you be doing while you’re here?” “Hmm.. Lets see I’ll be working with my big brother at Basic Black. Probably with over rule him in a couple of weeks you know since I have like way more talent than he does in business.”

“Do you think the jet is still at the airport? We could take you back you know.” “Shut up Brady.” Sticking her tongue out she then asked. “So what do you have to eat?” “Uh.. Nothing.”

“What! Then what do you eat?” “I usually go out” Sighing she rolled her eyes. Well I guess another thing we have to do.” “Really what’s that?” “Go grocery shopping.” “I don’t think so.” “And why not?”

“Because I have never gone grocery shopping.” “You’re lucky you have a good paying job that lets you eat out every single day. Do you eat out for every meal?” “Pretty much.” “Wow, I have a lot to show you Mr. Black.” “I will learn from the master.” With a few more laughs they went out to explore Salem.

“Aren’t you tired yet?” “Nope, I’ve just started. Can’t believe for a small town they have fabulous shops.” “You’ve got to be kidding me. I bet you’ve seen a million better shops than these with you’re exploring and wild living.” “Very funny Brady.”

He let out a grunt as she whacked him in the stomach. “Okay that’s my feet hurt I’m hungry so we’re going to the Brady Pub.” Grabbing her hand he led her in the other direction.

They came in and Brady led her to his usual booth. As they were talking an older woman came towards them. “Hello, Brady. I didn’t see you this morning. Does that mean you didn’t eat breakfast young man?”

“Sorry Caroline I didn’t have time, I had to pick up my sister from the airport.” “You’re sister?” “Yeah right here. Caroline Brady I’d like you to meet -”

“Isabella Black. It’s been a while my dear I haven’t seen you since you were knee high.” Belle held out her hand, but Caroline ignored it and went straight for a hug.

She looked over at Brady giving him a ‘who’s this’ look. After the embrace Belle felt kind of guilty. “I’m sorry, but I don’t remember who you are?” “Of course you don’t. You were only a small little thing when you left. I’m Caroline Brady. I own this place.”

“Belle this is Shawn’s grandmother.” “You’re name does sound familiar.” “I’m glad to hear that. So Brady will you be having your usual?” “Yes ma’am. And Belle will just have the same.” “Coming right up.” She went behind into the kitchen where she hurriedly went over to her husband.

“Shawn, Shawn you wont believe who I just saw!” “And who would that be darling?” “Isabella Black. She’s back!” “Really? That’s great!” “It’s better than great.”

“Darling don’t go into your matchmaking mode now. Let him be.” “Shawn Brady you ruin the fun.” After getting their orders done and giving them their food. Caroline placed a call to her daughter in-law.

After about half an hour on the phone and arguing from their husbands in the background they hung up. “Caroline I hope you didn’t do what I think you did. You and Hope are going to be the death of that boy.”

“Oh you just hush.” “Let him find love on his own. Promise me you’ll do that.” After a brief pause she finally agreed. “But if he doesn’t do anything then Hope and I are going to take charge.”

Rolling his eyes he left to go take orders from awaiting customers. They finished their lunch and headed back to Brady’s apartment. As they were walking Belle put her head on Brady’s shoulder. “The jet lag getting to you sis?” In between a yawn she said, “Yeah, I think it is.”

“ If you collapse on me you do know that I’ll leave you on the floor right.” “I don’t doubt that. You know what Brady?” “No, what?” “I’m glad to be back.”

Thanks Mandie!
    Login Status
  • You are not logged in
    • Login
      Password

Optional
      Provides additional benefits such as notifications, signatures, and user authentication.

Create Account
    Your Name
    Message Title
    Message Text
    Image Services Photobucket.com
    Options
    Enable formatted text (what's this?)

Create your own forum at Network54
     Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  
    Important Email Addresses:
    Let Miss Bliss Know When
    Your Fic is Done!
    Email Charly!!
    For any questions, comments, or
    suggestions pertaining to
    any part of “The Haven.”
    See Feedback in the Arcs?
    Let us know!

Rate the Multimedia
    Send your reviews of the artists

SOD’s "Hot Off The Net" Poll
    Vote for Jason, Martha, & Shelle
    as your favs

Days of our Lives

Rant/Rave about the show.

The SBFC, charities...and you!

In honor of those lost, please visit and express your thoughts, grief, and hope on our Commemorative Board. Thank you.