Messages remain here indefinitely. Contact Johnny Bob for further information.

Return to Index  

Huge increase in helicopter noise -- in June 2002

July 2 2002 at 8:24 AM
Johnny Bob  (Login jbob)
Owner
from IP address 63.62.138.32

Response to Low-flying helicopters in Mt. Vernon setting new records for noise in June 2002...

Helicopters & Boom Boxes are terrorizing Mt. Vernon!

Why isn't something being done to stop it?

Huge increase in helicopter noise -- in June 2002

Since I started to log low-flying helicopter disturbances at my residence in Mt. Vernon, Illinois, the previous monthly high was 42. There were also two other months since February 2000 with more than 40 incidents. Now those records have been shattered with a huge increase in June 2000 where I recorded 80 (eighty) total low-flying helicopters buzzing my home. Can't get no sleep around here, nor much else, with that kind of clatter going on.

Surely public opinion will swing against these skydemons as they scale up their operations here. Do they have a right to destroy our serene way of life for a $40 subscription? That's what they're doing.

Also I note that not all are medical helicopters (although most probably are). Mt. Vernon has been importing barn-storming recreational helicopters to give people a chance to buzz their friends & foes from the sky via a cheap-thrills whirleybird ride. That's at our expense. Right?

What's next? It probably won't be very good...unless we get rid of the local beaurocrats who are causing these problems.

Time for a change.

Johnny Bob

Respond to this message   
Responses

Find more forums on Network54Create your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  
  Johnny Bob's   ARCHIVES    CHAT ROOM    HOME    LOCAL-LINKS