Messages remain here indefinitely. Contact Johnny Bob for further information.

Return to Index  

the FAA will be investigating Mt. Vernon IL low-flying helicopters soon...

December 16 2003 at 11:36 AM
Johnny Bob  (Login jbob)
Owner
from IP address 209.248.57.106

the FAA will be investigating Mt. Vernon, Illinois low-flying helicopters soon...

I've received advance notice from the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA), Springfield IL office, that they will be conducting an investigation of Mt. Vernon, Illinois low-flying helicopters early next year (2004). The exact date(s) and details remain to be finalized. I will try to make sure they are made public, here and/or elsewhere.

The results of this FAA investigation could affect the noise pollution levels and public safety in Mt. Vernon, Illinois and this area of Southern Illinois for a long time into the future. So if you have any issues with these helicopters such as noise, safety, or whatever, now is the time to get involved. At least make your view known by sending it to the FAA investigator. FAA will be conducting personal interviews, and they may want to interview you. There may also be public meetings you can attend, if that's your cup of tea.

I'm not sure how much advance notice will be possible. It could all happen in early January 2004. Or it might not be until next spring (March-June). If you're interested, let me know, and I'll put you in the info-loop.

JB

Respond to this message   
Responses

Find more forums on Network54Create your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  
  Johnny Bob's   ARCHIVES    CHAT ROOM    HOME    LOCAL-LINKS