Messages remain here indefinitely. Contact Johnny Bob for further information.

Return to Index  

December 2003 is also very noisy...

December 29 2003 at 8:45 AM
Johnny Bob  (Login jbob)
Owner
from IP address 209.248.57.14

Response to now at 97 and counting, for October 2003

My low-flying helicopter log shows 60 buzzes of our home this month, as of the 29th of December. They're unpredictable, but it could go much larger. It's not unusual now for them to buzz us a half-dozen times per day, sometimes 10-12 times or more per day.

I must wonder what they're carrying to/from the hospitals, if anything. Live people? Body bags? Organs for transplant? Or what? Or are they just shuttle flights without a cargo?

It makes no sense that they would disappear for several days, then display a great flurry of activity in such a short time. I don't think ordinary emergencies in this area can account for such patterns of activity. Occasionally randomness could cause it, but it's a regular repeated pattern. It's like - either they're in town, or they're not. When they're in town, they raise hell. Where do they go when they're not here? It certainly makes their whole operation related to the Mt Vernon hospitals seem optional. So who decides, and how, and about what? What are the criteria? I suspect that as usual it's all about money. The more take-offs and landings, the more government money they get (both the helicopters and the hospitals, probably).
JB

Respond to this message   
Responses

Find more forums on Network54Create your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  
  Johnny Bob's   ARCHIVES    CHAT ROOM    HOME    LOCAL-LINKS