Messages remain here indefinitely. Contact Johnny Bob for further information.

Return to Index  

how to block microwave radiation

June 11 2015 at 1:15 AM
Johnny Bob  (Login jbob)
Owner
from IP address 24.216.118.159

Response to sneaky

Laughter and rationalization (putting it out of mind) won't block the harmful effects of EMF/RF/microwaves. No matter how much positive thinking is used, the end result is a toasty critter in the oven. Some people are hypersensitive and notice it immediately. Other people notice nothing, and the harmful effect might take years or decades to appear in the form of various illnesses.

As a first thought, most people put up some aluminum foil on the inside wall opposite the smart meter. It probably helps somewhat, but I can't guess how much. The only way to know for sure is to use an EMF/RF meter to measure the precise level of radiation before/after (analogous to using a geiger counter, I suppose). You can ask an electrician who might have one, or buy one yourself and learn how to use it.

I've posted leading references on my website at
http://smart.johnnybob.com
and elsewhere on this message board at
http://www.network54.com/Hide/Forum/103862
about how to block the microwaves from smart meters.

Bottom line, there's only one way to be sure whether it's blocked effectively, or not... Use a RF/EMF meter which can measure it before/after you put up shielding. I'm not sure yet which meter is the best. I've got a couple in mind. Both cost over $100. One is digital, the other analog. I've seen the digital one mentioned and recommended widely, but personally might prefer an analog meter. I'm not sure yet.

The cheapest shielding may be Mylar blankets which you can probably buy at sporting goods stores or from Amazon. They're sold as survival gear to keep you warm, in case you get caught in a blizzard while hiking, etc. It's also sold in like 4 foot wide rolls. Mylar is a plastic imbedded with some kind of metal. It's very thin and light, and is used to make balloons. Reportedly it will reduce microwaves by 20 decibels. I suppose a multiple thickness might reduce it more(?). I don't know how durable it is, i.e. how many years it might hold up. It's relatively cheap.

The other way I've read about uses steel sheeting which you can get at a local metal or air conditioning/heating shop. It's used to make air ducts, etc. You need at least a 2 foot square piece directly opposite the location of the smart meter on the outside wall. That particular reference also said to include like 7 thicknesses of aluminum screen wire, which you can buy in a roll or sheets at Lowe's or a hardware store.

If you have any wireless devices inside the house (cell phones, cordless telephones, microwaves, wi-fi, etc), you could do more harm than good by putting up shielding on the walls. It might reflect the signal backwards, increasing the intensity inside the house. A better first step might be to get rid of them and replace with corded non-RF emitting devices. Then start thinking about blocking smart meter and other external radiation.

It might help to run a ground wire from the shielding to your common ground, usually a 6-8' long copper rod driven into the ground below the electric meter. But again, you should test with an EMF/RF meter before/after. In some cases it might help, in others decrease the shielding effect.

JohnnyBob

P.S. Ever wonder about those strange looking devices on top of the local US Bank building at 10th & Broadway, Mt Vernon? Looks like something out of a sci-fi movie. I never gave it much thought until recently, but they are almost certainly microwave transmission antennas for cell phones, and perhaps other devices. I expect that those who work in that building or work/live nearby (such as Mt Vernon City Hall, Jefferson County Courthouse, etc) will soon be coming down with brain cancer and other serious illnesses, if they haven't already. The closer you are to the antenna/tower, the more dangerous. Stay as far away as possible! It you must be exposed, limit to the shortest possible duration.

P.P.S. Also look for any changes in animals, insects, and plants nearby. Microwaves affect them negatively too. For example if the honey bees disappear, we're in real trouble, because our species is highly dependent upon them to pollinate the plants we need for food. So far we've had a lot of honey bees active in our yard this spring with the clover. Also the annual firefly season is just beginning. Will this continue like normal, or will Silent Spring (Rachel Carson) soon be upon us?

This message has been edited by jbob from IP address 24.216.118.159 on Jun 11, 2015 1:42 AM

Respond to this message   
Responses

Find more forums on Network54Create your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  
  Johnny Bob's   ARCHIVES    CHAT ROOM    HOME    LOCAL-LINKS