Messages remain here indefinitely. Contact Johnny Bob for further information.

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Certain species of dogs are dangerous...(e.g. Rottweilers)

March 21 2002 at 9:56 PM
Johnny Bob  (Login jbob)
Owner
from IP address 63.62.138.229

Certain species of dogs are dangerous...

Here are two recent examples of dogs killing people. In particular Rottweiler owners should be required to have a special license.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Verdicts Announced in Dog Mauling Trial (3/21/02)
The verdicts have been announced in the dog mauling trial of Robert Noel and Marjorie Knoller. Count #1: Murder in the Second Degree: Marjorie Knoller, Guilty (Maximum Sentence: 15 Years to Life)...

http://www.bayinsider.com/partners/ktvu/news/2002/03/21_dogs_verdict.html

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dog Owners Charged in Girl's Death
MAUSTON, Wis. (AP) - A couple whose six Rottweilers mauled a 10-year-old girl to death while she was playing at their home were charged Wednesday [March 20, 2002] with a homicide count...

http://webcenter.newssearch.netscape.com/aolns_display.adp?key=200203201859000168403_aolns.src

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Johnny Bob
(Login jbob)
Owner

dangerous breeds of dogs

March 23 2002, 8:36 PM 

I'm concerned that certain breeds of dogs have inbred tendencies to harm humans, and we've all heard about recent incidents of dogs killing people. These reports and my own personal experience suggests that Rottweilers may be on that shortlist of dangerous breeds. I've always been a dog lover, and get along fine with most dogs, but certain Rottweilers are just not social animals in my estimation. Naturally any animal can be loved and trained and controlled if the owner is responsible and capable of doing so. But other owners aren't responsible people, and the result of irresponsibility in the case of Rottweilers is often a dangerous animal. Well, I guess that's my entire rant, except to suggest that certain dangerous breeds of dogs should be required to have a special license -- much as gun owners are required to have a gun permit. When something is potentially dangerous, that seems necessary.

Respond to this message   
Jon
(no login)

re "dangerous" breeds of dog

February 1 2004, 4:58 AM 

Interesting how people see certain breeds as dangerous because of their media image. Individual Rottweilers differ in their personalities/character or else you could not have Rottweilers who are Police Dogs and Rottweilers who are "Pets as Therapy Dogs". Another breed with a reputation for being "vicious" is the German Shepherd yet they serve as Guide Dogs for the Blind,Assistance Dogs for the disabled and Sheep Herding dogs as well as working for the Police & military.
The idea that all Rottweilers are aggressive is laughable. I have experience of Security Dog training and there are many Rottweilers,German Shepherds and Dobermanns that do not have the necessary aggression for guarding work.
Don't believe everything you read....think it out first,do some research.

Respond to this message   

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
Find more forums on Network54Create your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  
  Johnny Bob's   ARCHIVES    CHAT ROOM    HOME    LOCAL-LINKS