Messages remain here indefinitely. Contact Johnny Bob for further information.

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Low-flying helicopters in Mt. Vernon setting new records for noise in June 2002...

June 17 2002 at 2:25 PM
Johnny Bob  (Login jbob)
Owner
from IP address 204.119.19.223

It's only the 17th of the month and already 36 low-flying helicopter noise disturbances have been logged. The maximum ever was 42 per month. So a new record is likely to be set this month. Why? Well, I have no idea, but I presume that they just don't give a damn how many people they disturb with their terrible noise. Something needs to be done, and pronto!
JB

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Johnny Bob
(Login jbob)
Owner

Huge increase in helicopter noise -- in June 2002

July 2 2002, 8:24 AM 

Helicopters & Boom Boxes are terrorizing Mt. Vernon!

Why isn't something being done to stop it?

Huge increase in helicopter noise -- in June 2002

Since I started to log low-flying helicopter disturbances at my residence in Mt. Vernon, Illinois, the previous monthly high was 42. There were also two other months since February 2000 with more than 40 incidents. Now those records have been shattered with a huge increase in June 2000 where I recorded 80 (eighty) total low-flying helicopters buzzing my home. Can't get no sleep around here, nor much else, with that kind of clatter going on.

Surely public opinion will swing against these skydemons as they scale up their operations here. Do they have a right to destroy our serene way of life for a $40 subscription? That's what they're doing.

Also I note that not all are medical helicopters (although most probably are). Mt. Vernon has been importing barn-storming recreational helicopters to give people a chance to buzz their friends & foes from the sky via a cheap-thrills whirleybird ride. That's at our expense. Right?

What's next? It probably won't be very good...unless we get rid of the local beaurocrats who are causing these problems.

Time for a change.

Johnny Bob

Respond to this message   
Johnny Bob
(Login jbob)
Owner

helicopter attack on Mt Vernon continues in July 2002...

July 14 2002, 10:42 AM 

The helicopter attack on Mount Vernon, Jefferson County, Illinois (USA) continues at a very high pace in July 2002. At near mid-month in July, it is still running at a significantly higher pace than average pre-June 2002 levels. So apparently the huge new June record (80 low-level buzzes of our home) was not a one-time fluke.

Will it continue, or abate? Only time will tell, but the prognosis looks poor. The helicopters are lining too many pockets with dollars. They have the power and the money. And obviously they just don't give a damn about anyone, or anything else.

I would now have to recommend that everyone in "Helicopter Alley" (now redefined as "everything east of Interstate 57") sell their property as soon as possible, and take whatever they can get, because prices are sure to plummet. Nobody really wants to live where there is such terrible noise pollution, regardless of how they try to rationalize it.

The ungodly noise MUST stop! [mustn't it?]

Johnny Bob

Respond to this message   
Johnny Bob
(Login jbob)
Owner

helicopters still raping Mt Vernon IL in August 2002...

August 11 2002, 3:55 PM 

The indications are that beginning in mid-June 2002, Mt Vernon IL residents can expect greatly increased noise levels as these low-flying helicopters are continuing to set new records in August 2002, according to indications during the first 10 days of the month.

It's completely intolerable, and must be stopped NOW!

Johnny Bob

Respond to this message   
Johnny Bob
(Login jbob)
Owner

September promises to be noisier than usual too...

September 17 2002, 1:49 PM 

The helicopters are really going all out to drive Mt. Vernon, IL citizens crazy this month too, with their low-flying noisy antics and uncaring attitudes. At their present rate they may well set a new all-time monthly record in September 2002, or at least a very high number. The all-time record is still held by June 2002 with 80 helicopter buzzes of our home.

You might think we live close to the airport or heliport here, but that is not true. These helicopters ride around at tree top level all over town now, just trying to drive the citizens crazy everywhere, I guess. They show absolutely no consideration or concern for the local peace and quiet.

They've got to be stopped, and the hospitals here either need to be closed down or move their heliports outside of our highly populated neighborhoods. This not the way to design or manage a city, unless it's a city in hell.

Johnny Bob
SI-PAQ
Southern Illinois - Peace and Quiet

Respond to this message   
Johnny Bob
(Login jbob)
Owner

October 2002 also very noisy.....

October 28 2002, 12:31 AM 

October 2002 also very noisy and will come in with a number of disturbances substantially greater than the pre-June 2002 level. The pattern is emerging and the trend is clear. Noise has been approximately doubled compared to pre-June 2002 levels, on the average. As expected once these low-flying helicopters feel secure they will totally blast the ears off of everyone in Mt. Vernon, Illinois, feeling immune to criticism or regulation, and that is exactly what is happening. All sane people know that this is wrong, terribly wrong, and something absolutely MUST be done to stop it -- very soon!
JB

Respond to this message   

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
Find more forums on Network54Create your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  
  Johnny Bob's   ARCHIVES    CHAT ROOM    HOME    LOCAL-LINKS