Messages remain here indefinitely. Contact Johnny Bob for further information.

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

helicopters are buzzing Mt Vernon IL again, big-time...

December 29 2004 at 1:58 PM
Johnny Bob  (Login jbob)
Owner
from IP address 4.245.78.135

helicopters are buzzing Mt Vernon IL again, big-time...

75 logged so far in December 2004, making this the 3rd noisiest month since I started keeping records in February 2000. A new all-time record is possible with several days remaining. The prior records were 80 in July 2002, and 97 in October 2003.

References:
Link.To.My.Website/
Alternate.Link/
Register-News forum/

JohnnyBob

This message has been edited by jbob from IP address 4.245.78.135 on Dec 29, 2004 4:38 PM

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Johnny Bob
(Login jbob)
Owner

they're doing it again in January 2005 too...

January 14 2005, 2:42 PM 

After a week off right after New Years, they've returned to wreak more extreme havoc and noise on the Mt Vernon community. No end in sight...
JB

Respond to this message   
Johnny Bob
(Login jbob)
Owner

February 2005 also trashed by helicopters

February 26 2005, 10:53 AM 

There's only 28 days in this month but the helicopters don't care. So far I've logged 46 low-flying helicopter incidents which is far above average, and will probably go higher with 2 days remaining in the month. That includes 4 incidents on February 5, 6 incidents on February 16, and 11 incidents on February 18. It is those days that puts it above average and this is a typical pattern. Either they're in town, or they're out of town, and when they're in town then it's Katy-bar-the-door because they totally trash our environment. They have no consideration whatsoever for our community and peaceful neighborhoods.
JB

Respond to this message   
Johnny Bob
(Login jbob)
Owner

March 2005 gets off to a noisy start too...

March 2 2005, 9:20 PM 

...with 6 incidents on March 1, and 6 more today on March 2 (so far). They're coming right over the top of my house at low altitudes, maximum noise, which suggests it is intentional. I don't have any way to prove it, but that's likely, IMHO.

No, there is absolutely nothing I can do except keep records and publicize what they are doing, and try to complain, which so far only falls on deaf ears. Obviously FAA nor the state won't do anything, nor will local government, nor the local airport. It looks like nobody will do anything.

It's like the end of the world here, or a battlefield, not a peaceful residential neighborhood like it should be. It is chaos incarnate, a very unholy situation to say the least
JB

Respond to this message   
Johnny Bob
(Login jbob)
Owner

2005 finishes with an extraordinary amount of helicopter noise...

January 1 2006, 4:35 PM 

They moderated over the summer, then started building up again in the fall, and finished 2005 with the spike at the righthand side of my graphic at:
http://JohnnyBob.com
(65 buzzes in Dec 2005)

What will the new year 2006 bring? Hopefully these helicopters will simply leave Mt. Vernon and never return. Nothing could make me happier!

Johnny Bob

Respond to this message   

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
Find more forums on Network54Create your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  
  Johnny Bob's   ARCHIVES    CHAT ROOM    HOME    LOCAL-LINKS