Messages remain here indefinitely. Contact Johnny Bob for further information.

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

STOP "smart meters" from Ameren!

May 1 2015 at 11:15 AM
Johnny Bob  (Login jbob)
Owner
from IP address 216.126.133.69

Dear Friend/Neighbor,

I'm just starting to research this...only heard about it via postcard from Ameren on Friday, April 30. Their vanilla postcard makes no mention nor hint of the details, but I was forewarned by my sister who lives in Florida. She developed heart problems (a-fib) at about the same time as they installed "smart meters" on her house a couple of years ago. Coincidental? At about the same time she had serious property damage via a power surge which totally wiped out her house wiring and destroyed all electronic devices in her home. She had to have a heart pacemaker installed and never received any compensation from the power company for the property damage.

As a former ham radio operator, I'm generally aware of the harmful health effects of RF (radio frequency) transmitters such as will be included with these new "smart meters" on our houses. The recent proliferation of excessive RF signal noise from telephone and wi-fi transmission towers has been of major concern to me. They use frequencies in or near the microwave band which can be particularly dangerous. I had a cousin die young from cancer, which was no doubt due to his exposure to radar signals when he as in the Navy. Senator Ted Kennedy died of glioma brain cancer which can be caused by cell phones. In effect these RF signals fry our innards, similar to living in a microwave oven. This should be distinguished from ordinary remote controls (such as for a TV) which generally use low energy directional signals in the infrared frequency band, which I consider relatively harmless.

So after receiving Ameren's postcard I googled, read about it, emailed and talked to Ameren on the phone, and downloaded the details from their website and elsewhere. After mulling it over I decided "no way"! It's not worth the risk to my health and property. So I have placed "DO NOT UPGRADE" labels on my electric and gas meters. I've also notified Ameren via phone, email, and snailmail. I encourage you to do similarly.

Although not mentioned on their postcard, I believe that you can in fact "opt-out/decline". My understanding at this point is that they may try to charge an extra $20/month (or some such) for meter reading, but that should rightly be waived if we offer to read our own meters and forward the results to them monthly. If not we can complain to the Illinois Commerce Commission and ask our legislature to pass appropriate laws.

A natural assumption (incorrect) is that these new "smart meters" are primarily used to transmit our monthly electric and gas usages to the power company, so they won't have to send around meter readers. But less than 10% of the RF signal pulses are used for that simple purpose. Most (90%+) of the RF energy from these new smart meters will used for other purposes. They setup local networks so the meters converse with each other, house to house, as well as with the controllers located on telephone poles. I might have less of an objection if they were limited just to gathering the meter readings, once per month, with minimal RF energy generation. Also they could be designed as directional signals, house to telephone pole, using the relatively harmless infrared frequency band. Actually RF signals (of any kind) are totally unnecessary because they already have a wired connection to our electric meters!

I saw some special electric crews at work on North 7th Street on Friday, so they've probably already started erecting the "smart grid" on our telephone poles. They're trying to pull a fast one IMO, without informing people of the health risks, problems, and proper options. The time to stop it is now, before they get them installed. Afterwards it will be more difficult to do anything. So I believe it's very crucial to get out the word promptly in this case... Thus I've emailed the Mt Vernon Mayor, City Council, City Manager, local newspaper and radio stations. I've also placed a preliminary post on my "local message board" (link below) and may do something at my website too. Only after being fully informed of the complete details, can people decide intelligently for themselves how to proceed. Hopefully this letter helps in that regard.

I encourage you to do their own research as well. There's a ton of negative info out there. The bureaucracy is huge but you can help raise awareness and keep it off your own house.

JB
stop.smart.meters@johnnybob.com

References:

Local Message Board (Mt Vernon IL 62864) [this message board]
http://www.network54.com/Hide/Forum/103862
http://tinyurl.com/23kl

Smart Meter Dangers: The Health Hazards of Wireless Electromagnetic Radiation Exposure by Dr. Ilya Sandra Perlingieri
http://www.globalresearch.ca/smart-meter-dangers-the-health-hazards-of-wireless-electromagnetic-radiation-exposure/31891
http://tinyurl.com/b25boff

Looming Health Crisis: Wireless Technology and the Toxification of America
http://www.globalresearch.ca/looming-health-crisis-wireless-technology-and-the-toxification-of-america/31816
http://tinyurl.com/ls8q74q
This link emphasizes that the driving force may be Obama and federal funding to subsidize/promote "smart meters".

Stop Smart Meters!: FAQs + forum
http://stopsmartmeters.org/frequently-asked-questions/radio-frequency-radiation-issues/
http://tinyurl.com/nptl59u
You can search for "steel" in this link to find a method to help block the RF pulses from entering your home. Requires a piece of steel sheet and some aluminum screen wire. However reading further, the RF pulses may enter your house wiring nevertheless (100,000+ times per day), creating an unblockable health hazard. You will be irradiated constantly, at least one high intensity pulse every 1-2 minutes.

This message has been edited by jbob from IP address 216.126.134.88 on May 3, 2015 3:31 PM

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Johnny Bob
(Login jbob)
Owner

v2 (update May 6)

May 6 2015, 2:06 PM 

STOP "smart meters" from Ameren!
(v2)

May 6, 2015

Dear Friend/Neighbor,

I'm just starting to research this...only heard about it via postcard from Ameren on Thursday, April 30. Their vanilla postcard makes no mention nor hint of the details, but I was forewarned by my sister who lives in Florida. She developed heart problems (a-fib) at about the same time as they installed "smart meters" on her house a couple of years ago. Coincidental? At about the same time she had serious property damage via a power surge which totally wiped out her house wiring and destroyed all electronic devices in her home. She had to have a heart pacemaker installed and never received any compensation from the power company for the property damage.

As a former ham radio operator, I'm generally aware of the harmful health effects of RF (radio frequency) transmitters such as will be included with these new "smart meters" on our houses. The recent proliferation of excessive RF signal noise from telephone and wi-fi transmission towers has been of major concern to me. They use frequencies in or near the microwave band which can be particularly dangerous. I had a cousin die young from cancer, which was no doubt due to his exposure to radar signals when he as in the Navy. Senator Ted Kennedy died of glioma brain cancer which can be caused by cell phones. In effect these RF signals fry our innards, similar to living in a microwave oven, and interfere with normal cellular metabolism (such as DNA replication, genomes, etc). They should be distinguished from ordinary remote controls (such as for a TV) which generally use low energy directional signals in the infrared frequency band, which I consider relatively harmless.

So after receiving Ameren's postcard I googled, read about it, emailed and talked to Ameren on the phone, and downloaded the details from their website and elsewhere. After mulling it over I decided "no way"! It's not worth the risk to my health and property. So I have placed "DO NOT UPGRADE" labels on my electric and gas meters. I've also notified Ameren via phone, email, and snailmail. I encourage you to do similarly, although I‘ve now been told they will ignore any such labels placed on meters by homeowners. You must contact them...

Although not mentioned on their postcard, you can in fact "opt-out". My understanding at this point is that they may try to charge an extra $20/month (or some such) for meter reading, but that should rightly be waived if we offer to read our own meters and forward the results to them monthly. If not we can complain to the Illinois Commerce Commission and ask our legislature to pass appropriate laws.

A natural assumption (incorrect) is that these new "smart meters" are primarily used to transmit our monthly electric and gas usages to the power company, so they won't have to send around meter readers. But less than 10% of the RF signal pulses are used for that simple purpose. Most (90%+) of the RF energy from these new smart meters will used for other purposes. They setup local networks so the meters converse with each other, house to house, as well as with the controllers located on telephone poles. I might have less of an objection if they were limited just to gathering the meter readings, once per month, with minimal RF energy generation. Also they could be designed as directional signals, house to telephone pole, using the relatively harmless infrared frequency band. Actually RF signals (of any kind) are totally unnecessary because they already have a wired connection to our electric meters!

I saw some special electric crews at work on North 7th Street on Friday, so they've probably already started erecting the "smart grid" on our telephone poles. They're trying to pull a fast one IMO, without informing people of the health risks, problems, and proper options. The time to stop it is now, before they get them installed. Afterwards it will be more difficult to do anything. So I believe it's very crucial to get out the word promptly in this case... Thus I've emailed the Mt Vernon Mayor, City Council, City Manager, local newspaper and radio stations. I've also placed a preliminary post on my "local message board" (link below) and may do something at my website too. Only after being fully informed of the complete details, can people decide intelligently for themselves how to proceed. Hopefully this letter helps in that regard.

JB
stop.smart.meters@johnnybob.com

P.S. Time is of the essence because they will begin installing the new “smart meters” here on May 25. So call them today to OPT-OUT! They should send someone to put a special code tag on your meter to prevent the change. If they don’t do so within a few days, call them again…

(see over)

References:

Local Message Board (Mt Vernon IL 62864)
http://tinyurl.com/23kl

Smart Meter Dangers: The Health Hazards of Wireless Electromagnetic Radiation Exposure by Dr. Ilya Sandra Perlingieri
http://www.globalresearch.ca/smart-meter-dangers-the-health-hazards-of-wireless-electromagnetic-radiation-exposure/31891
http://tinyurl.com/b25boff

Looming Health Crisis: Wireless Technology and the Toxification of America
http://www.globalresearch.ca/looming-health-crisis-wireless-technology-and-the-toxification-of-america/31816
http://tinyurl.com/ls8q74q
This link emphasizes that the driving force may be Obama and federal funding to subsidize/promote "smart meters".

Stop Smart Meters!: FAQs + forum
http://stopsmartmeters.org/frequently-asked-questions/radio-frequency-radiation-issues/
http://tinyurl.com/nptl59u
You can search for "steel" in this link to find a method to help block the RF pulses from entering your home. Requires a piece of steel sheet and some aluminum screen wire. However reading further, the RF pulses may enter your house wiring nevertheless (100,000+ times per day), creating an unblockable health hazard. You will be irradiated constantly, at least one high intensity pulse every 1-2 minutes.

Late Notes:

I encourage you to do your own research as well. There's a ton of negative info out there. The bureaucracy is huge but you can help raise awareness and keep it off your own house.

Please pass along this info and/or a copy of this flyer to your family, friends, and neighbors. I’m just a one-man operation, walking a few of these around the neighborhood where I live. With your help we can have a significant effect and help keep Mt Vernon a healthy, safe place to live…

This message has been edited by jbob from IP address 216.126.134.200 on May 6, 2015 2:07 PM

Respond to this message   
Johnny Bob
(Login jbob)
Owner

followups

June 1 2015, 7:27 PM 

Please feel free to post any comments here and I'll probably approve them. I must moderate because of past problems.

I'm continuing to read about the Ameren Smart Meters and am now updating the links on my special webpage accordingly:
http://www.johnnybob.com/smartmeters.htm

So look for the latest updates there.

There are several categories of problems with the smart meters: safety, health, and privacy. I might also add a 4th category, "legal", which includes laws, rules, and directives passed by the Federal/State/Local jurisdictions. My links cover all of these areas and I'm learning new things daily. I'm not an attorney but am trying to lay the framework for future legal action, if necessary.

How exactly do we oppose the smart meters most effectively? That's difficult to say because I'm not getting any feedback so far. Only one neighbor has mentioned that they're also Opting-Out. Another mentioned the privacy issue. Any/all advice appreciated. Nobody pays much attention to a feeble old man, it seems. My only weapon is words.

If you subscribe to Netflix, get the DVD movie (documentary): "Take Back Your Power" (2013). It's a couple of years old but still an excellent introduction to this issue. Very well done, IMO. It made me aware that the entire world is being put onto a universal power grid via these smart meters which can be controlled by governments at the push of a button. Big brother is taking a sneaky back door method into totally controlling our lives and actions. Shades of George Orwell's "1984". It's happening now...today.

Cheers,
JohnnyBob

just talking to myself, again, I guess... happy.gif

Respond to this message   
Johnny Bob
(Login jbob)
Owner

massive increase of RF radiation in Mt Vernon from Ameren...

June 2 2015, 9:39 PM 

Nobody is measuring the background level of RF radiation in Mt Vernon, nor regulating it, afaik. Why?

I was surprised to discover that according tohttp://www.antennasearch.com there are 41 towers and 135 RF transmitter antennas within 3 miles of my house. Some are for cell phones, some for pagers, plus others (unidentified).

There is growing strong evidence from reliable scientific sources that this is causing serious health problems for us all. So as some other cities have wisely done, it is time to call a moratorium on any further proliferation of same.

Now Ameren wants to add another several thousand RF transmitters quickly in Mt Vernon, i.e. their smart meters. That's way way too much! It will totally overwhelm us, kill us. Do you see the absurdity of such a thing?

This message has been edited by jbob from IP address 75.129.245.164 on Jun 2, 2015 10:01 PM

Respond to this message   
Johnny Bob
(Login jbob)
Owner

smart.johnnybob.com

June 4 2015, 10:48 AM 

I've shortened the URL for my relevant webpage to:
smart.johnnybob.com
This helps with advertising it...such as in the Mt Vernon Register-News classifieds (ad currently running). You should be able to enter that into a browser and it will redirect to the proper location.

As I continue to think about this, I realize there are more sources of emf/rf than I previously realized. For example when you exit a Walmart store there's a scanner that detects certain hidden tags in merchandise. Or when you enter courthouses, federal buildings, or airports, there are various scanners involved. This contributes to the overall level of emf/rf radiation to which we are subjected nowadays. People are accepting it without questioning the safety and privacy issues involved.

Respond to this message   
Johnny Bob
(Login jbob)
Owner

sneaky

June 10 2015, 1:18 AM 

They're being installed on houses now and my neighborhood is already pretty much blanketed. I checked last week and didn't see any, except one where a new garage was constructed several weeks ago. Now today when I checked, everyone within a few blocks has one.

From where I am sitting now, there are a dozen or more smart meters zapping me with microwaves within a ~150 foot radius.

They're being very quiet and stealthy about it, using plain black pick-up trucks, no markings, no uniforms, etc. Nobody would be the wiser unless you know beforehand what's happening. I opted-out, and they haven't tried to put one on my house (yet), thankfully.

I don't need or want any personal confrontations with them, but am prepared to defend myself and my property however the situation warrants.

--------

P.S. That's electric meters only. I didn't check gas meters. Someone from the local Ameren told me awhile back that they don't even have any gas smart meters available. Don't know how reliable that info is...

--------

P.P.S. I saw some other smart meter installations in progress today and again they are not using Ameren trucks nor uniforms. Some of the trucks have lettering on the side as if from various construction companies, but I didn't notice anything specific. One of them had a flashing yellow light, but the others were all just plain ordinary pickup trucks. Again they are obviously being stealthy and avoiding identifying themselves to the public. There's no way to know what they're doing just be looking.

This message has been edited by jbob from IP address 24.216.118.159 on Jun 11, 2015 1:50 AM

Respond to this message   
Johnny Bob
(Login jbob)
Owner

how to block microwave radiation

June 11 2015, 1:15 AM 

Laughter and rationalization (putting it out of mind) won't block the harmful effects of EMF/RF/microwaves. No matter how much positive thinking is used, the end result is a toasty critter in the oven. Some people are hypersensitive and notice it immediately. Other people notice nothing, and the harmful effect might take years or decades to appear in the form of various illnesses.

As a first thought, most people put up some aluminum foil on the inside wall opposite the smart meter. It probably helps somewhat, but I can't guess how much. The only way to know for sure is to use an EMF/RF meter to measure the precise level of radiation before/after (analogous to using a geiger counter, I suppose). You can ask an electrician who might have one, or buy one yourself and learn how to use it.

I've posted leading references on my website at
http://smart.johnnybob.com
and elsewhere on this message board at
about how to block the microwaves from smart meters.

Bottom line, there's only one way to be sure whether it's blocked effectively, or not... Use a RF/EMF meter which can measure it before/after you put up shielding. I'm not sure yet which meter is the best. I've got a couple in mind. Both cost over $100. One is digital, the other analog. I've seen the digital one mentioned and recommended widely, but personally might prefer an analog meter. I'm not sure yet.

The cheapest shielding may be Mylar blankets which you can probably buy at sporting goods stores or from Amazon. They're sold as survival gear to keep you warm, in case you get caught in a blizzard while hiking, etc. It's also sold in like 4 foot wide rolls. Mylar is a plastic imbedded with some kind of metal. It's very thin and light, and is used to make balloons. Reportedly it will reduce microwaves by 20 decibels. I suppose a multiple thickness might reduce it more(?). I don't know how durable it is, i.e. how many years it might hold up. It's relatively cheap.

The other way I've read about uses steel sheeting which you can get at a local metal or air conditioning/heating shop. It's used to make air ducts, etc. You need at least a 2 foot square piece directly opposite the location of the smart meter on the outside wall. That particular reference also said to include like 7 thicknesses of aluminum screen wire, which you can buy in a roll or sheets at Lowe's or a hardware store.

If you have any wireless devices inside the house (cell phones, cordless telephones, microwaves, wi-fi, etc), you could do more harm than good by putting up shielding on the walls. It might reflect the signal backwards, increasing the intensity inside the house. A better first step might be to get rid of them and replace with corded non-RF emitting devices. Then start thinking about blocking smart meter and other external radiation.

It might help to run a ground wire from the shielding to your common ground, usually a 6-8' long copper rod driven into the ground below the electric meter. But again, you should test with an EMF/RF meter before/after. In some cases it might help, in others decrease the shielding effect.

JohnnyBob

P.S. Ever wonder about those strange looking devices on top of the local US Bank building at 10th & Broadway, Mt Vernon? Looks like something out of a sci-fi movie. I never gave it much thought until recently, but they are almost certainly microwave transmission antennas for cell phones, and perhaps other devices. I expect that those who work in that building or work/live nearby (such as Mt Vernon City Hall, Jefferson County Courthouse, etc) will soon be coming down with brain cancer and other serious illnesses, if they haven't already. The closer you are to the antenna/tower, the more dangerous. Stay as far away as possible! It you must be exposed, limit to the shortest possible duration.

P.P.S. Also look for any changes in animals, insects, and plants nearby. Microwaves affect them negatively too. For example if the honey bees disappear, we're in real trouble, because our species is highly dependent upon them to pollinate the plants we need for food. So far we've had a lot of honey bees active in our yard this spring with the clover. Also the annual firefly season is just beginning. Will this continue like normal, or will Silent Spring (Rachel Carson) soon be upon us?

This message has been edited by jbob from IP address 24.216.118.159 on Jun 11, 2015 1:42 AM

Respond to this message   
Johnny Bob
(Login jbob)
Owner

a plan of action

June 19 2015, 11:01 PM 

http://www.icc.illinois.gov/docket/publiccomments.aspx?no=12-0298

ICC kindly accepted my public comment (at least temporarily) even though it's probably the wrong case number (but closest I could find). That seems like some kind of achievement. Also it's listed in the top 10 by the google search engine if you look for "STOP smart meters from Ameren!". Ameren's paid ad is always at the top, but we're nibbling away a bit around the edges.

At times like this I wish I was a lawyer. In any case, here's my analysis of the situation...

(1) An organization of some kind is needed. What and how? Maybe some kind of coalition of existing groups.

(2) How do we get Obama and the feds to cut off the $ subsidies? Without that easy money, the utility companies would not be very interested in smart meters, IMO.

(3) How do we get the corresponding Illinois law revoked (vetoed by former governor Quinn, but overridden because Ameren pays cash bribes to state legislators)?

(4) How do we get it taken to the IL or US Supreme Court (violation of privacy, property rights, safety issues, serious health risks re cancer etc, etc)?

This message has been edited by jbob from IP address 24.216.116.181 on Jun 19, 2015 11:03 PM

Respond to this message   

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
Find more forums on Network54Create your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  
  Johnny Bob's   ARCHIVES    CHAT ROOM    HOME    LOCAL-LINKS