Alert the Media: Breezy STEALS one

by WCF

Very nice game by what appears to be the #1 goaltender on this team. Without a doubt, this was a steal as we were outplayed by a large margin and it's a pleasure to win one because of the goalie and not despite him. If, by the miracle of Rasputin, he gets on a roll, we have a shot in every game, no matter who we play.

On the flip side, the injury hex continues and I'm not sure how they can survive for long with all these missing: Pronger, JVR, Kimmo, Mez, Ugly Jacob, Jagr, and a clearly injured G (he has a hand injury and can't take faceoffs).

Lastly, the hit heard round the NHL. While it appears the hit on Ugly may not have been overtly dirty, the force and nature of it was intent to injure, but lack of response from this team was very disturbing. Yes, if this was reversed and it was a Flyer doing the deed, league action would be a gimme. Been that way for a LONG time and the Flyer double-standard is alive and well, but when you have a teammate who is badly injured, regardless of the play, I expect a physical response from my team just out of respect for eachother. Really sad how this team has become the wimps of the NHL.

Posted on Mar 7, 2012, 7:07 AM
from IP address 152.132.8.197

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home
Responses

1. He's been stout for a good while now. Outland, Mar 7, 2012
  2. That is a lot injured!. faithfullyflyers, Mar 7, 2012
    1. opps! Here is the link.. faithfullyflyers, Mar 7, 2012
  3. deserves credit. Pelle31, Mar 7, 2012
    1. The talk? Talk is cheap. Outland, Mar 7, 2012
      1. It is a good day Outy!. faithfullyflyers, Mar 7, 2012
      2. it had to do with being a good teammate. Pelle31, Mar 7, 2012
        1. I understood that. OutL, Mar 7, 2012
          1. true. Pelle31, Mar 7, 2012
            1. Being lead in the right direction. OutL, Mar 8, 2012
              1. read it somewhere. Pelle31, Mar 8, 2012
          2. true. Pelle31, Mar 7, 2012
  4. shot totals. Icer, Mar 7, 2012

Find more forums on HockeyCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement