Took the kids for burgers before the game.

by faithfullyflyers

We went to 5 Guys Burgers and Fries(amazing burgers and fries)and I had my Lindbergh jersey on and some guy starts chatting me up about the Flyers which is not uncommon. Then after a little conversation about today's game he told me he was a friend of Wayne Simmonds. He said they went to the same school together I proceeded to tell him that I thought Wayne had under performed in rd one and that I thought he could be a beast for the Flyers in the playoffs but he hasn't yet. To my surprise he agreed with my assessment and said that he thought Wayne had tailed off towards the end of the yr which i agreed with. Normally if someone tells me they know an athlete I think 'yeah yeah buddy' but this guy was well dressed but casual, articulate and didn't come accross as a blowhard. He answered the bevy of questions put to him by my 2 kids without missing a beat and we were also in Scarborough Ontario which happens to be the place Simmonds was born so it was plausible to me. Small world. I really think that Wayne and Schenn have soooooo much more to give and if they get it going the team will indeed be a force for anyone they play as you stated.

fff

Posted on Apr 29, 2012, 7:13 PM
from IP address 70.48.196.4

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home
Responses

1. They'll show. Brett, Apr 29, 2012
    1. Agreed!. faithfullyflyers, Apr 30, 2012
      1. Might be a dose of reality, but.... Freak, Apr 30, 2012
  2. give him time. Icer, Apr 30, 2012

Find more forums on HockeyCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement