They already won their "Cup"

by WCF

FFF, I agree with just about everything you said, being the tankers was their Stanley Cup this year. I think they became satisfied with themselves and thought they didn't have to do anything else at this point, they beat the hated tankers and Crysby, what more could be expected of them? I actually felt the same way anything else after that series was gravy this year. Nobody, including ourselves, expected this team to win the Stanley Cup this year. They overachieved beating the tankers and the horrific play in this series just supports the position that this team is still a work in progress. Even though they beat the tankers, they had some really rough patches in that series and when faced with a more disciplined team like NJ, all the Flyers warts became very visible. NJ has been their Waterloo most of the time because a team with a determined, disciplined overall game is something the Flyers simply can't handle.

The season is now over, but their main focus in the off-season like I said a number of other times has to be to upgrade and improve this defense. Then get a checking forward and instill some kind of the system and discipline that requires complete buy-in. As I type this, I'm not really sure that the Flyers organization can never come up with such a system because after all these decades, it sure seems like they have no interest or ability to do so.

Posted on May 7, 2012, 6:59 AM
from IP address 174.255.82.231

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home
Responses

1. Expectations. Outland, May 7, 2012
    1. If the Flyers resign Matty Cakes I won't watch another game till he's gone (nm). Greg, May 7, 2012
      1. Ya know ....... DL, May 7, 2012
        1. Yeah you def have a point. I just hate watching his horrible play (nm). Greg, May 7, 2012
    2. Thoughts... Freak, May 7, 2012
      1. Damn...forgot Grossmann..makes it better.... Freak, May 7, 2012
        1. What about Bourdon? (nm). Greg, May 7, 2012
          1. again..even better. Freak, May 7, 2012
    3. changing expectations. Icer, May 7, 2012
      1. Thats the problem. WCF, May 7, 2012
        1. Godd teams don't do that. Icer, May 7, 2012
      2. I agree with your expectations..... dl, May 7, 2012
        1. what's disappointing me. Icer, May 7, 2012
    4. thanks again Pal...... dl, May 7, 2012

Find more forums on HockeyCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement