let's get Philosophicalby Icer
(OK, now I've got an Olivia Newton John earworm....)
And this is more general for athletes, Thomas is a bit wacky aside from this latest.
What's an excuse for an athlete to take a "family leave", possibly permanently?
What else would be excusable?
marriage on the rocks?
kid being incorrigble because dad's not around?
misses seeing his kids grow up?
prefers PTA meetings over practice at this point in his life?
It is his lkife, he gets to decide what's important.
is it selfish for fans to want him to keep playing so they can be entertained and he can be miserable?
I know froim my eprsepctive, I've turned down very good offers beacuse they would detract from my family life. Is it different from athletes?
Food for thought.......
Posted on Jun 4, 2012, 5:12 PM
from IP address 126.96.36.199
Respond to this message
Goto Forum HomeResponses
- If you get paid millions shouldn't you honor your contract? (nm). Greg, Jun 4, 2012
- He has one year left on his contract.. Loki, Jun 4, 2012
- he owes them nothing. Pelle31, Jun 4, 2012
- Then Retire...it'll cost the Bruins the same... Freak, Jun 4, 2012
- athletes can do what they want...lol. Pelle31, Jun 5, 2012
- he has a lifetime left on his family. Icer, Jun 5, 2012
- Opinions... Freak, Jun 4, 2012
- agree with that. Icer, Jun 5, 2012
- True..but... Freak, Jun 5, 2012