So now what?

by Brett

I originally thought the team would either have a deal lined up to bring Carle back, which is still possible, or look to add a free agent defenseman. We have five defensemen now all with hefty contracts. We're also down 2 of our top 6 forwards, both wings. Here are just some rough lines I threw together:

Voracek-Giroux-Hartnell
Schenn-Briere-Read
Simmonds-Couturier-Harry Z
Wellwood-Talbot-Rinaldo

While certainly not a bad unit, a top 6 wing would fill out the lines nicely...bump Zolnierczyk to the 4th line and Wellwood to the AHL. It would also make the 3rd line a lot more effective if Read or Schenn are dropped down to play with Couturier.

Do they make a run at Parise? It seems they have the cap space to make it interesting, the defense has been addressed and it would really make the offense potent. A lot of teams will be in on him, so that certainly isn't a move to count on.

I'd like to see them pursue Justin Schultz as our final starting defenseman...he would be on an entry level deal so cap space would remain. And with him, try to find a forward with some offensive flair. Parenteau from the Isles would be a nice, sensible addition.

Posted on Jun 24, 2012, 10:53 AM
from IP address 75.97.36.234

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home
Responses

1. here ya go........ dl, Jun 24, 2012
    1. Trade deadline could be the answer. Brett, Jun 24, 2012
    2. How would the team look with Paranteau and Gaustadt. MachoFlyer, Jun 24, 2012
      1. I like both those guys. Brett, Jun 24, 2012
    3. How would the team look with Paranteau and Gaustadt. MachoFlyer, Jun 24, 2012
    4. They used the second rounder on a goaltender.. Loki, Jun 24, 2012
  2. Money. Outland, Jun 24, 2012
    1. I like Gaustad as well. Brett, Jun 24, 2012
  3. Could Semin be the sleeper UFA no one's talking about to play along side Giroux?. Raggs, Jun 25, 2012
    1. The talent level is high but the desire's another story. Outland, Jun 25, 2012
    2. Just say no to Leighton. Freak, Jun 25, 2012
    3. Semin..Radulov...ick. Sedsey, Jun 25, 2012

Find more forums on HockeyCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement