So, what's your trade proposal?by Icer
Assuming Nashville just can't match, and you are the GM....
Keeping in mind, Poile must deal with you, and you alone. 4 picks for Weber is a good trade for you, so you can reject any deal knowing you have that in your back pocket. So you pretty much have the last word.
But you've also pretty much just killed the Hashville frnachise. Being the league bad guys already, remember the Gratton fiasco, a little goodwill goes a long way. Nashville really needs to get a marketable player to save any face, the fans will not accept future draft picks. And Nashville needs to pick up some salary.
With Weber, the Flyers now are well stocked at every postion but goaltender. (no, Bryz for Rinne is off the table). Preds need everything.
Here's my thought:
Briere, Bourdon, a 2nd round pick. Or Coburn and Wellwood, plus 2 picks.
It depends on contracts, no trades, etc (where's Outy?). But rather than considering this a deal for Weber, it's really a deal for 4 late first round picks, with you holding all the cards.
Posted on Jul 20, 2012, 11:03 AM
from IP address 220.127.116.11
Respond to this message
Goto Forum HomeResponses
- Here's what I'd like to do. ABQ Flyer, Jul 20, 2012
- there was a list. Icer, Jul 20, 2012
- Oh, I agree. ABQ Flyer, Jul 20, 2012
- Yes. Anonymous, Jul 20, 2012
- agreed..... dl, Jul 21, 2012
- why do we always need to shed some goodwill........ Anonymous, Jul 20, 2012
- Goodwill or clearing cap / contract space?. OutL, Jul 20, 2012
- clarifications on both. Icer, Jul 20, 2012
- Proposal I read .... Pitts, Jul 20, 2012
- I think that was one. Icer, Jul 20, 2012
- Give them the picks. Brett, Jul 20, 2012
- Couturier?! wishful thinking, Pitts!! bwahahahaha. BwB, Jul 20, 2012